This question would ignite a lot of discussions and arguments..."who would make it".."what all do we talk about while having tea"..
That one cup of tea meant much more than just tea leaf,sugar and milk..
It meant uniting...gossiping...fun...camraderie and much more

I remember this cup of tea used to be my constant companion during all my difficult days
When I was taking my first board exams ,every one in house used to be out..and I had preparation leaves..
I used to be alone...so I discovered that a cup of tea could give me company when noone was around
Then came my bachelor days...with tea as constant companion
And then my MCA days..where our exams could not be held without tea..a constant debate over who would make it...but nevertheless we all loved it...
And then my initial years as a professional...in Hyderabad..me and my roomie
At 2 in the night my roomie and I would not be able to sleep....so this sudden desire to have tea would engulf us...all our conversations and gossips were punctuated with cups of tea...as if tea entailed all that
My roomie would ask me "Raji wanna cup of tea" and with anticipation I would say "yes".
On that she would say "Then go and make it" and we would burst out in laughter...then it dint matter who made tea..I dont even recall
these tea leaves..they dont know what good they bring with them...
conversations...good feeling...happiness and companionship
tes is tea...nothing can fight it..not even alcohol :)
I wish I could get back those carefree days of tea and talks...gay abandon and reckelss laughter...drenching in the rain and forgetting consequences..
Whenever I think of those days..I cant believe it was the same me...
when happiness was always aorund...and nothing seemed impossible
When we thought of world is a playgourd...and not as a war field
Love begins with tea :) and even if it does not...tea is enough to hold me together
I wish love could be as fresh and fulfilling as tea...over and over again

3 comments:
True..tea is quite a time pass..literally..HELPS TIME (that refuses to pass), PASS..and it reminded me of today's morning, when u asked this question...and got a 'wonderful' cup of tea thanks to mili:)..and i rushed to office...feels like I missed something.
Reminds me of the times when i used to stay over at your house, we talked all night.. you would force me to make tea for you at 2.30 - 3 and i unwillingly but obediently did it.
@Belu - Yes u did miss..tea was good..but as usual I left most o it
@Raina - WHat a liar..it was always me who used to make it
Post a Comment