Incidentally I was cleaning up my place and all the junk it held and I came across some of the letters and cards which my father had sent me long back..more than 10 years ago
He had written so many things to me..how he was so proud of me..how he missed me at home and so many other things...
I think I took it all for granted back then..cos I knew I was important to him and his writing all that to me just meant assertion of all the facts that I already knew
But now when I look back...now that our interactions are so less..and our fights so much more..the past means so much to me
To know that there was a point when we were so close...when we could talk about just anything under the sun
I thought of him as the smartest and the brightest father in the world..and I still do.his passion for chess(which made us know of most of the chess moves), cricket, tennis, books, science and so many things made me think there is not a single thing in the world that my father does not know about
And I took him to be a super human..incapable of follies..and I guess I erred there

And now..why has it become so difficult to be the same..why have we become so distant? We just call and talk about inane things...
Sometimes I am left thinking...
Does my father know that his daughter sometimes cries for no reason..that at times she spends her days thinking of past and doesnt want to live in the presnt..
Does he know that this life he brought into the world..isnt happy with the world and the people in this world all the time?

No comments:
Post a Comment