About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A thousand spelndid suns!

Have been reading this book by Khalid Mohammad. Had read "The kite runner" before and simply loved it

So many illusion we form of people...and so many times it breaks!
And with that we break each time..little by little..breath by breath...going...going..and there we are gone!
Never to be the same again!

But this specific book raised strong emotions within me..and I thought everything strong in me was dead!!
It was like a gut wrenching thing..something hitting pit of my stomach and I go breathless and dizzy

The atrocities that men endow the women with..the level to which it goes in some parts of the world, was beyond me

There were times when I was scared to read another sentence..my heart came to my mouth..my eyes twitched..and watered

I never knew I could feel so strongly about things which never happened with me

But then arent men the same everywhere..inherently barbaric and callous..god made them like that!

Sweet and gentle if they want something out of you..but this whole charade of sweetness and nicety falls off, the moment their motives are not fulfilled (or they are done with their motives)

I have seen it with every single man I came across in my life...in their sweetness..in their love...in their friendship...the underlying hatred!

But I don't blame them now...maybe they are made like that!!!

8 comments:

Dusty Fog said...

Dropped in here through Dreamcatcher. I remember reading you a long time ago, and there didn't seem to exist then, as much "anti" men sentiment, as there is now, in your pieces. I understand experiences usually shapes opinion and sentiment. But would it be fair to tar every man with the same brush?Not all of us, deserve that...:: )))
Hopefully if you allow someone the chance, he may just be able to enable you to sense a nice guy, and there maybe quite a few of us out there. And these nice guys still remain fond of the special women in their lives, even when they have every right to hold strong negative sentiments about women, based on the treatment they have received from them.

Hope to drop in on your space a lot more regularly.

WomanInLove said...

@Dust Fog - I know all men are not same...but then my experience has been such..but I dont wish to hold on to it and wait for someone nice..I will know it when I see one :)

Pari said...

I do not want to agree with your viewpoint, but something within nods and tells me, yep yep she is correct! All men are like that.
I am not sure its experience or a mere acceptance of the state of the male being, moreso, if its like this since i belong to the opposite sex, but I do wanna agree. A little or some more.
And that book, too many atrocities. I remember the fear while reading that book...the thought that this actually might be happening somewhere in the world was real scary and horrifying!

WomanInLove said...

True. Though I dont like to think that way either..but I guess men are aware they are physically stronger..and thats ALL that they are..which makes them brutal!

Unspoken Deed said...

Men are brutes, but I have my own ways of getting what I want .. wonder if all that is there is a struggle for control and power. Maybe that is just me?

WomanInLove said...

@Unspoken deed - Thanks for dropping in. It is a struggle..more in men than in women..women are suckers for love and attention :)

Unspoken Deed said...

I wish it was that simple :)

WomanInLove said...

Well..can it ever be simple? :) Checked your blog..you write well..but you havent written in a long time!