About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, January 29, 2010

To my niece



Addu, you are growing up..so fast that at times I fear it.
I don't know when this change happened in you,it seemed all so sudden
It was as if one fine day your tone changed, your interests changed

That pause in your talks..the usual chirpiness going down
You are just 6, but sometimes makes me feel you know everything

All of us here, who speak to you on the phone, try to give names to this sudden change in you, Belu mausi and naai ma thought you are sad..well maturity sure is a sad thing :)

Your making excuses for not having much time to talk to us, cos you had so many friends waiting..makes me envious..and I can feel you are slipping away

I fear that when I see you next, you wont cling on to me as you used to, you wont die to dance with me, you wont remember the small things about me, which you usually do and keep reminding me...things I never noticed

And it will be me,left remembering all that again and again...

Just a few days back, when I was fighting with you on phone and called you "Advita", you gave your usual shy laughter and said "No, call me Addu"..my heart reached out to you..and I wished that you never ever change

At times you message me(dont know how you manage to) and send me "I lave you Sumi muase"...and I start fighting with you again..as if we are lovers :) Yet I save those messages..dont know why..as if to re-affirm it later to myself..or to show you later if you ever forget me...or just as a memento..

I know change is inevitable, but a part of me wishes..you never grow up!

No comments: