About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home sweet home

Being in your place of birth and youth has its undeniable charm.
Something which creeps upto you unknowingly, like an unforseen force

Thats whats happening to me in Patna right now..

My house, the streets..everything evokes certain emotions, which have their roots deep down in my heart

But apart from the emotions, its the comfort which gets to me

Living on my own and alone had made me work for myself..and I had forgotten how easy it had been for me, back home

And now its coming back to me..
when I finish my bottle of water, someone invisibly fills it and keeps it in place for me
The food is served in plates, wherever I choose to sit..
Tea and coffee appears from no where, as if my mind commanded them
I just dump my clothes without bothering about how to segregate them into different piles, and all are washed, ironed and handed over to me!

My house is full of helpers... more than the inhibitants

Some of them have been around for more than 20 years or so..and they come here more out of habit and for my mom, than for any actual work..
But they fill in wherever there is any dearth...
If I need something urgently, they will run the errand for me
If I need tea out of the blue, they will make it for me
If I need a massage, there is someone to do it

I have a driver who also sees to it that all my small wishes are fulfiiled
Just today, I was asking the maid where my slippers were, he got them for me and put them right in front of me..and said "I will first dust them for you, then you wear them"..and ran to get a cloth

I feel so embarassed at such moments that I cant even look him in the eyes..
I just told him hastily that my shoes are alright and he neednt dust them..and wore them hurriedly , lest he starts off in his crusade of cleaning them

Then there is this smell of incence, and chants..so typical of durgo pujo..a nip in the air..
This month of october and my home town stir up some magic

Now am sure life will be so difficult when I get back to my own place...

3 comments:

wildflower said...

Home is the place to be, :) every visit brings back a flood of emotions that you'd assumed had died down..

WritingsForLife said...

I am glad you are able to go back and relive your memories. Some people are never able to.

WomanInLove said...

@wildflower - Yes, its a kind of detox
@Raaji - I know..there are few more places I would like to revisit back home..but cant