About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A house full of women

I feel that a house full of women is so much richer than a house full of men.
And I know that a man trapped in a bevy of women is just so lost.

They don't understand what gets to these women that they start fighting one moment and the very next moment they are all cosying up to each other and sharing secrets

Ours has been such a house, what with 3 sisters and mother..against one brother and father
They both used to clamour for our attention...my brother being the youngest, tried following us, in all our gossips..
We would usually hurl him away with something like "you are younger and wont understand, so go and study"
Or "Why are you always sticking to us, go and play with your friends"
And he, in all his cuteness, would make excuses to study while we chatted around him

I guess there is something about women, these men don't understand and they are forever in search of that mystery...that elusive smell

But women can be so so difficult and we sisters are a perfect example of that

With every re-union there is a day of splendid fighting and shouting..accompanied by sullen days..when the men around just sense the tension and very meekly try to get us together..with a fear of getting ripped apart in all that..which happens every now and then..yet they are steadfast in their attempts

Just a couple of days back in Delhi..we sisters were together and in no time a massive battle of words and arguments ensued between us.
It started between my younger and elder sister but, as usual, ended with me and my elder sister..

When we fight with words..none can dare to enter that arena and we cast blows at each other like missiles..the place indeed looks like a battlefield..
After the bombardment and then an eerie silence..

Funnily the topic is never a relevant one...this time it was about some 3rd person who does not matter either to her or to me..
But it eventually leads to personal stuff
Maybe some unspoken thoughts..hidden resentment..suppressed expectations..gives way to illogical fights

But surprisingly all this anger never leads to any hatred..

After that bombardment the scene must have been funny, from a 3rd person's perspective
My elder sister was sitting on the chair, with most probably tears in her eyes, which I realised later, when she spoke
I had "Alchemy of desires" sprawled across my face, and my eyes darted through the words without registering a thing..I wasn't thinking of the fight nor was reading but the mind was in an unknown frenzy,too clogged to take in anything

The 3rd sister was trying to act paralysed, lying face down on the bed with very little movement, while I knew her mind was acutely aware of the fight

In all this, none dares to enter the room till the air has cooled down a bit..

Enters the mother!
She is scared to enter while we are blowing accusations at each other but once that's over, she has to ALWAYS come and ask SAME questions

"Why were you girls fighting?"
-No response!

"I really don't like it when you people fight, now that you stay away from each other"

Responses (mostly from 3rd sis) - "Don't sisters fight? Why do you irritate us with questions like this"
"Hota hai bhai!" (It happens)

Mother again in her meek tone - "We sisters never fought, not after we had our own children."

Elder sis (voice breaking cos of crying) - "That's cos you sisters hardly meet..and its good that you guys don't meet...else you would fight and kill each other like us"

Silence prevails..while there is a flurry of event ..in which my elder sis is readying to go out

And I..in all this..after every fight..feel an immense relief
Unfortunately my laughter neurons are slightly conked off!!

Cos I feel like laughing, like mad, and while my mother kept asking questions I threw the book on my face and convulsed with laughter

The inane fight and the stupid questions tickle me...even as a child if my mother scolded me and demanded answers to rhetoric questions..I would hide my face in my knees and laugh like mad..while my mom thought I was crying bitterly :)


Someone rightly said "If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."
There are times when you are certain you hate her..and the next moment you want to hug her and tell her all your harsh words were meant just to hurt her temporarily

Anyways..to conclude...we are back to talking..
Till we meet again :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being only brother of 4 sisters(2 elder, 2 younger), i very much know these fights and aftermaths. Now, when complete get-together is scarce all those things are part of good memeory :-) :-).

though my role is not changed, earlier it was spectator now listener(all 4 versions offcourse :-)).

wildflower said...

Women are intricately beautiful creatures :)

Malvika said...

In the middle of an action packed post, I suddenly felt like 'Shri Ram Lagoo'!!!

WomanInLove said...

@Malvika - ha ha ha...yes u were behaving like him, from movie "Gharonda"