About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

She loved like she was going to war

"She was tenacious, aggressive as a lover, had tried to prise pieces of him apart. Only when she failed, had she finally let go. She loved like she was going to war, but she also not the kind of woman to wait for a man. Valiant in battle, noble in defeat. She walked away and never looked back"
                 ~ The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna

Reading this felt like me. At least thats the way I have always thought myself to be.
Verbatim, ditto!

7 comments:

Soumya said...

Sounds like me too. Will get the book.

aria said...

Me three.. will look for the book.

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Just the right ingredients, the sugar coated pill, for male chauvinists.

WomanInLove said...

Soumya - Wonder how many wars before love settles in..

aria - Maybe women and war go together :)

Syed - Hmmm..sugar coated? how? From what I think, thats one thing noone would ever call me

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Is it the other way round? Bitter outside, sugar inside?

(my comment. obviously, was based on only what you wrote).

WomanInLove said...

Syed - Yes that's more like it..bitter outside for sure..sugar inside..maybe

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Much better and more desirable than sugar outside, bitter inside; with the 'maybe' adding to it the ingredient of mystery.