Sometimes I dont feel like writing
Cos my best words are always swallowed in my mind, before time
And the moment I begin to write
Its just mediocrity which flows
UN-impressive and UN-inspiring
So I clamp up
This thing, coupled with internet outage at my place has made me write less here
To top it, even at work today there was no network for an hour
I felt crippled for sometime..
It was like I cant do a thing without the net
Strangely for other inconsequential stuff also my mind kept telling me : this cant be done since there is no net
For stuff like going out and getting myself a cup of coffee
I have to be either in front of the system or Tv Or in some transit
To feel life is moving
Else its a shutdown of life.

10 comments:
get a journal/diary, grab a pen... go for a cup of coffee, sit by the window... you will feel so much better :-)
Raaji - I know and I usually move aroudn with a diary and keep writing, but when I make an attempt to write itself my thoughts evaporate :(
Yes, we have become slaves to technology. I tried to resist this computer/internet for many years, but when my younger daughter left town for higher studies, I took an internet connection, and life has not been the same ever since; its advantages outweigh the disadvantages, though. But if you take a broader view of things, aren't we slaves to habit, starting from the toothpaste we use? And, we do need something in order to live; as a poet has said:
Paal le ek rog naadan zindagi ke waaste/
Sirf sehat ke sahare zindagi kat ti nahin.
The writer's block and accompanying low self-confidence is a temporary phase. You'll get over it; and, let me reassure you that you write pretty well.
Syed - Thats true that we need some habit to keep us going. We acquire one and leave another. I am quite prone to that by nature
And thanks for the encouragement, guess I am coming out of it soon
Don't push yourself too much if you aren't able to pen down anything. Just soak in the beauty around or do what you like the most or catch up with things that you have been missing the most and soon your head will begin to egg thoughts.
Sh@s - Yes thats the key maybe. But sometimes I run beautiful thoughts in my mind but when I get down to write it, I lose it all
This is so true. Even I go through this so many times. It feels life has come to a halt. We are internet and corporate slaves.
Love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com
Megs.SMiles - You bet..life has changed so much over time
I write in my phone and save it as a note or draft in blogger application for android...helps a lot...
Tried that?
Chintan - I dint try that cos I have a veru basic phone. Sometimes I sms myself what I want to write :)
But now I move around with a small notebook in my hand bag
Post a Comment