About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Single and Independent

I have been hospital-hopping for the last 2 days. I have visited 3 doctors and 2 hospitals in a span of 2 days.

Its not a survey I am doing, but as usual my stomach. I had to miss my Pondicherry trip cos of this. That trip which I had forced others to plan with me and finally I had to drop out

And whats the consequence of all those blood tests etc ? - "Essentially Normal". As usual, which we found even 2 years back

Its some mysterious undiagnosed thing, which burns me out completely.

And sometimes its conversations with some doctors which ticks me off!

Here is one with one of the doctors I met yesterday:-
"Whats your age"
I tell my age
"Single or married"
I - "Single"
He - "I admire your independence"

Strange isnt it? That a woman of certain age, and single is perceived as independent. As if, its something commendable.

Which age are we still in?

So how about a man who can still be ten years elder than me and a bachelor? Yet no one would say the word "independent" for him. Being single for a man is ordinary and routine thing, but for a woman an achievement?

Men can survive without a woman, but a woman doing it attaches a label to herself "independent","admirable". I find it so funny and hypocritical!

I think a man as much needs a woman, as a woman needs a man

And about the doctor, he was least interested in any of my issues but kept asking me personal questions. When I mentioned that I need medicines for some issue, he would scribble some medicine in the prescription and continue asking me weird questions.

He gave me a big lecture on why I should stop alcohol and he also got into chemical formulae of how alcohol is made!!

Thankfully my cousin was there so he could not continue with his questions but has called me again this Saturday,maybe to discuss my love-life.

I dont think I will go, cos I dont need to learn anything from a man who isnt treating me for my disease but trying to psyche me.

I think I know much better about life than such male doctors who show unnecessary and unethical interest in their female patients.

I read this quote somewhere, is that true?

She's strong! And scary...I bet she's single...I'd put money on it..
           ~ Masashi Kishimoto

12 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

I think being single has nothing to do with being independent. One can be in a relationship or even married and be independent.

I think such doctors is the reason you are not getting better. I hope you feel better and seek proper medical care. Take care!

WritingsForLife said...

Also, what does your stomach ache has to do with being single or married? Why would that question even pop up? :-)

WomanInLove said...

No idea Raaji. I guess they think reasons for a woman's happiness is only a husband

Simki said...

OMG RUN. The doctor seems to be shady :P

On a serious note, you're absolutely right. I don't know why women are taken to be so dependent on men and if you're above 30 and not married, everyone goes "haaaaaw". The most disgusting thing is that many women too feel the same way!

You take care!

WomanInLove said...

Simki - Yes, nothing about him was like a doctor.

Yeah I will, thanks and welcome to my blog

Whuaat? said...

Lol. That was me.
I didn't notice that I wasn't logged in from my blog account :P

Sh@s said...

About these check-ups...its pretty frustrating when you have to go through all those elaborate tests and in the end results read normal. It kinda makes one look so foolish in front of the doctor as if we were simply pretending to be ill.

WomanInLove said...

Sh@s - ha ha ha...: . My face was so pathetic so he could not possibly feel so. Moreover doc themselves think that some illness take long time to be diagnosed so might not show up in the initial stages, like jaundice

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Now, now Ma'am, how could you not decipher the sub-text of this doctor? I think by 'independent', he further meant 'available', and that's what he was trying to probe and will probably continue to do so if you are naive enough to visit him again. He seems to be concentrating more on your anatomy than your physiology.

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Hope your health problem gets solved soon. It could be something as innocent as acidity; alcohol and spicy food often does that.

Humayun Jamil said...

Well...perhaps you looked too pretty to be a patient!
Some personal questions including that on age & marital status might be relevant for diagnosis. But the comment on independence is totally unwarranted.
But any way don't ignore the ailment. see a good gastro-enterologist.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - Of course I did decipher the hidden meanings and am not going to him again. But this issue has been there for ages, even before I started having alcohol. Some people have some constitutional issues which is chronic

Humayun - Even the most beautiful girl in the world could be a patient some time :) Yeah age and marital status is fine, but what followed was too personal