When we wish others on their success
when we congratulate them
when we feel happy for someone finding true love
we have a tiny wish that a part of their happiness falls on us
we soak ourselves in their gaiety
And hope to steal...
A bit of their flowing happiness
Into ours..
And that makes us happy enough to feel happy for them
Many a times..
We revel in others' moment of glory

13 comments:
This post of yours hit home. You are one astute observer of emotions. How do you do the thing you do so well......
There is only love; if it's love, it must be true, even though it may be momentary. As a poet says:
Pyaar ghadi bhar ka hi bahut hai
Jhoota, sachcha, mat socha kar.
At that point of time, it must be genuine. Agar itna bhi ho jaaye to phir Khuda ka shukr ada kijiye aur man mein use sanjoye rakhiye.
Sh@s - ;)
Kabirrao - Thanks. Maybe thats the only thing I do well :)
Syed - Love it must be. But it has so many connotations, and I try to figure out each of them
hmm...this is very true....
nice post...
Thinking - Thanks!
Do we? Maybe we do and I am not we. I wish I was. More in love and maybe somewhat we. But being me is not so bad either.
Orion - "we" might be a wrong generalization, but this is me. And am sure being "me" isn't bad for anyone
True. And on a similar note..when we truly know that some one is genuinely happy for our happiness and isn't just pretending on the face...it is a very different feeling..in a good way :)
Best Wishes.
Kynal - Right. Thank you :)
So true
Those who wish happiness for others are mostly happy
hi, I am a first-time visitor to your blog. Liked this post in particular, very keenly observed and aptly put in words. Just wanna ask: can we also not feel happy for the success of others without coveting? Thanks!
Destiny's Child - Welcome to my blog. I dont think coveting is the predominant feeling when we feel happy for others. Its just a small lurking wish, or hope to say
"we have a tiny wish that a part of their happiness falls on us"
True!!
Post a Comment