I envy people who can follow their heart.
They are the women who can do field work, men who would take up dance for a career,
Here I am, ensconsed in my corporate world, doing the stuff I have been doing for years
The only adventure in my kitty could be the decision to go to US a few years ago, just on a whim, just cos I wanted to run away from something
Then to stay there against all odds, the only girl in the entire project, with noone to turn to
But then, all that cos I was pushed to a corner
Aah..why am I talking about all that, when I should be apolgising(mostly to myself) for absconding my blog for a month
My brain must have stopped working, does marriage do that you?
They are the women who can do field work, men who would take up dance for a career,
Here I am, ensconsed in my corporate world, doing the stuff I have been doing for years
The only adventure in my kitty could be the decision to go to US a few years ago, just on a whim, just cos I wanted to run away from something
Then to stay there against all odds, the only girl in the entire project, with noone to turn to
But then, all that cos I was pushed to a corner
Aah..why am I talking about all that, when I should be apolgising(mostly to myself) for absconding my blog for a month
My brain must have stopped working, does marriage do that you?

11 comments:
We all follow our hearts at some points or another. You did too... it's easy to your heart, it's hard to find out where it leads to.
Raaji - We also always envy something we can never do
In marriage, you neither need the brain nor the heart; it runs by itself. In fact, it would be risky to use them:-)
Syed - Why marry then?
In today's corporate world, live-together is better than marriage. At least you have the freedom to follow your heart at times.
Manushya ek aashavadi prani hota hai.
Part of the process of socialization, perhaps.
Syed - I hope that hope wins some day
Sayantan - Nothing helps whenever a man and a woman come in the picture
My sincere good wishes; 'Khuda kare tera daaman gulon se bhar jaaye.'
Well, you know it very well that nobody OWNS you, don't you? Be independent and don't lose hope, ever.
What people show is not always the case in reality.
Syed - Subba ameen! Thank you
Sayantan - Marriage is so much about ownership that I can not not be owned..it can happen only in my mind now
Ya you've hit the nail on the head.. Marriage is about ownership, about dominance, about money, about groceries, about routine health-check-ups, about so many other fulfilments :)
Mind is where entropy loses its way..
Post a Comment