Urbane is not for me, its the rustic which always excites and unstiches me
I am trying to figure out that part in me which relents to something like that..
You appear as some one sauve and sophisticated with the right most expression and gravest smile on your face, but when you break into a punjabi gaali under your breath, thats when you make me smile
You are the graciosu lady who loves to be the perfect bahu, wife, giver for the world
But when you give in to hysterical laughter is when you make me fall in love with you
I guess we strive to find a part of us in any and everyone we meet..
that ME which resonated with something un-accountable in me
And when we see it somewhere..we run after that
Be it a song, a poem, a person...a moment..a love..a hatred..a madness..a sadness
Something which keeps reminding us of what we are...and keeps us alive
How can we ever get past us...and this "I" we so nicely concocted, and coveted
And so this song is also about me..
It does not belong to me in the first few lines
But when it breaks into tabla at 1.12 seconds..its all mine to claim..to love.to hate..to reminisce..to love..to cry..to belong..to disown...to just be ME
Raatein jaagengen raaton mein....Teri bemaani baaton mein..
I am trying to figure out that part in me which relents to something like that..
You appear as some one sauve and sophisticated with the right most expression and gravest smile on your face, but when you break into a punjabi gaali under your breath, thats when you make me smile
You are the graciosu lady who loves to be the perfect bahu, wife, giver for the world
But when you give in to hysterical laughter is when you make me fall in love with you
I guess we strive to find a part of us in any and everyone we meet..
that ME which resonated with something un-accountable in me
And when we see it somewhere..we run after that
Be it a song, a poem, a person...a moment..a love..a hatred..a madness..a sadness
Something which keeps reminding us of what we are...and keeps us alive
How can we ever get past us...and this "I" we so nicely concocted, and coveted
And so this song is also about me..
It does not belong to me in the first few lines
But when it breaks into tabla at 1.12 seconds..its all mine to claim..to love.to hate..to reminisce..to love..to cry..to belong..to disown...to just be ME
Raatein jaagengen raaton mein....Teri bemaani baaton mein..

8 comments:
I also don't like the perfect-mannered, goody-goody, neatly packaged, consciously pretentious specimens of humanity; can't stand affectedness and lack of sense of humour. Isi liye aap ki khidmat mein, aap ke blog par barabar haazir rehta hoon: the straight-from-the-heart, no-nonsense, bold, but innocent-at-the-core WIL; a rare combination. Your husband is a lucky man.
Could not see your song here; perhaps some network problem.
Syed - Thanks for all the true compliments :) Its the title song from movie "Jab tak hai jaan"...you must hear
Either you said something so heartfelt after a long time, or I was busy repairing my own damages.
Simply loved it :)
Sayantan - Maybe its both :)Thanks
I give only 'true' compliments; add 'beautiful' to that.
Glad you know who 'you' are and what you like :-)
hysterical laughter does it for me too:)
Ed - Thats so sweet :)
Post a Comment