We are all fools...always a kid..however grown ups we might want us to be
We all want things for ourseleves, we all have our insecuritirs to feed, our desires to furnish
Nothing matured about it
I am saying this, cos if this recent incident which happened with me
It involves me and my 3 year old nephew Shrehaan, about whom I write all the time here , here and here
and lastly here
Just the other day he was here with his mother(my younger sister) and as ususal my sister wanted some of my things(yeah she is always asking for my dress, saree, jewllery..its her childhood issue and fascination for my elder sister's and my things)
And I was being a little childish about it this time and said I dint want her to take anything from my stuff..yet I knew I will be giving it off
She finally chose a neck piece & an earring
Just to play along with and see whose side my nephew was..I acted up and cried "No. no you can not take it"
She snatched it from me, and I tried taking it back and cried out and seeked my nephew's support and looked at him
He looked at both of us and said "मम्मा को दे दो !"(Give it to my mom)
And for that brief moment, I felt deeply betrayed. I felt the like an outsider and inspite of knowing that he is just a 3 year old kid and that he lives with his mother and meets me only once in a week, where his loyalities would lie, I still felt a little jealous and betrayed
As much as I wanted to kiss his bird-like mouth, I wanted to thrash the daylight out of him too
But when he is about to go and looks at me with his soulful forlorn eyes and holds my hand "तुम भी चलो" (You also come along), everything melts and go down holding his hand..but that small amount of feeling of betrayal never goes
It never will
Some of them have it easy, they can treat you any which way, still you would eat out of their hands when they want you too...
There are some people who can be the worst & the best with you...Yet you take in the worst, cos their best is so beautiful, innocent and honest
We all want things for ourseleves, we all have our insecuritirs to feed, our desires to furnish
Nothing matured about it
I am saying this, cos if this recent incident which happened with me
It involves me and my 3 year old nephew Shrehaan, about whom I write all the time here , here and here
and lastly here
Just the other day he was here with his mother(my younger sister) and as ususal my sister wanted some of my things(yeah she is always asking for my dress, saree, jewllery..its her childhood issue and fascination for my elder sister's and my things)
And I was being a little childish about it this time and said I dint want her to take anything from my stuff..yet I knew I will be giving it off
She finally chose a neck piece & an earring
Just to play along with and see whose side my nephew was..I acted up and cried "No. no you can not take it"
She snatched it from me, and I tried taking it back and cried out and seeked my nephew's support and looked at him
He looked at both of us and said "मम्मा को दे दो !"(Give it to my mom)
And for that brief moment, I felt deeply betrayed. I felt the like an outsider and inspite of knowing that he is just a 3 year old kid and that he lives with his mother and meets me only once in a week, where his loyalities would lie, I still felt a little jealous and betrayed
As much as I wanted to kiss his bird-like mouth, I wanted to thrash the daylight out of him too
But when he is about to go and looks at me with his soulful forlorn eyes and holds my hand "तुम भी चलो" (You also come along), everything melts and go down holding his hand..but that small amount of feeling of betrayal never goes
It never will
Some of them have it easy, they can treat you any which way, still you would eat out of their hands when they want you too...
There are some people who can be the worst & the best with you...Yet you take in the worst, cos their best is so beautiful, innocent and honest

5 comments:
Hmm, so we act to see which side someone is on, don't we? :) Anyway, it's better to have its easy, as you said. Being a child helps a lot in understanding kids' irrational behaviours.
Sayantan - For sure we have to be little conniving at times :)
haha yes at times. But then again, the lacuna is the most challenging period to get through :)
There remains a child in us, however old we may be; and if that child is lost, then one becomes a thoroughly undesirable person.
Syed - Rightly said!
Post a Comment