Saturday nights..some nights when I used to think
"the world is still mine to claim"
Those lonely bus rides to some arbitrary mall..
listening to songs on head phone of some music shop..weird songs
Songs I never heard thereafter
Settling down in some dhaba..feeling like a queen among minions
Is that how it feels when the world seems just a part of you..just a speck
And you feel bigger than the world
Its been a while since I did any of that..a while when I stepped out to enjoy rain and the shiny lights of the city
A while when I was me
"the world is still mine to claim"
Those lonely bus rides to some arbitrary mall..
listening to songs on head phone of some music shop..weird songs
Songs I never heard thereafter
Settling down in some dhaba..feeling like a queen among minions
Is that how it feels when the world seems just a part of you..just a speck
And you feel bigger than the world
Its been a while since I did any of that..a while when I stepped out to enjoy rain and the shiny lights of the city
A while when I was me

6 comments:
My heart goes for you. You are a brave person. Please think of what you have overcome and the tide will turn again and good things will come.
Makes me think
I sense these are the feelings of someone who's lost a significant chunk of his/her "Me time".
It's all part of life though...when you get into relationships, get occupied with work, get married, have kids....the list goes on. You end up spending more time on others and less for yourself.
But you know what...after a while, you might actually feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction with these 'alien' aspects of your life as well. Have patience.
Cheers,
CRD
Do drop by mine.
Thanks SG
Share your thoughts Shilpa :)
CRD - Maybe life dint deal you with what you hoped to be dealt like, thats when such thoughts bombard you
May all Saturday nights be carefree joyous and calming in their wild or serene ways.. I love my Saturdays and it's Saturdays that reinstate my belief in the life I live.. May your Saturdays be restored to the fun days those used to be.. in different ways but fun alright!
Thanks Rhino! You were part of some of those saturdays 😊
Post a Comment