Whenever there is a get-together of my family here are excerpts of the usual sounds in the air..
"where the hell is my slipper..oh again u have flicked it"..and the slipper is snatched from under the feet!!
"Have you taken my hair clip..give it back..I need it"..and the clip is snatched leaving the person, who was using it, with horrible hairstyle :)
"Can someone get another round of tea"..and people look at each other with anticipation :)
"who is in the bathroom yaar??Taking ages to come out"..accompanied by loud thuds on the bathroom door
"I need to shampoo and apply mehandi on my hair"
- "what? with so many people around you cant have such elaborate plans. you need to rush"
- "Please don't tell me what to do..I will go to the parlor and get it done..you can carry on without me if you want"
"Are you going for a bath or shall I go?"
- "I will go last cos I don't want people knocking on the door and rushing me!"
"Ma, can you drape the saree for me"
- "She is helping me right now"
- "But I need her too"
(And poor Ma is all dressed and helping us getting dressed and getting her Saree crushed in all this)
There are fights for silly things..crying of kids..accompanied my grumpy voices of parents..
But when all are gone..there is a silence which is worse than the earlier chaos!

No comments:
Post a Comment