About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Sunday, May 23, 2010

From self...to...home

I can see a shift in me off-late, which I find very refreshing (for some reason, don't know why!)

These days, I don't long for new clothes, or shoes or cosmetics.
And there was a time, when crossing any shop which displayed something interesting, would draw my attention and I would end up spending tons on things I never budgeted for..
If I could not buy, I would dream of those things...till I acquired them!

But now, the same delicious longing comes to me when I see some nice decor..a piece of art...or any living room concept...
I look for such things when I cross any mall, shops..
They excite me the same way..as clothes used to earlier

Now I enter lifestyle showroom, casting indifferent looks to the vanity sections..and roaming around the home section with a zeal which was just reserved for clothes and accessories

I ask about the kind of wood used, I look at the design and figure out if its contemporary or antique..
I think of my house and imagine some of those stuff decorating some area of my place, I think of how and where to put some stuff..

I wonder whether I should go with the current contemporary look of my house..or mix it with an Indian, ethnic touch...
I want candles, lanterns, beauty, mystery all around me...

Its an invigorating feeling...and I hope all the tension and stress I had to go through..was worth it..

Till I start staying with you...I will dream of you my home :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me the song of movie saath saath...

Hamaare Hauslon Ka Ghar Hamaari Himmaton Ka Ghar
Ye Tera Ghar...

घर का ख्याल खुशनुमा ख्याल है

WomanInLove said...

Thank you.. And I hope that staying there is as beautiful as the process of decorating it

And yes..I sing that song very often these days..

ये मेरा घर ये मेरा घर जिसे भी देखना हो गर तो पहले आके मांग ले मेरी नजर मेरी नजर ... :)