About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Monday, June 13, 2011

My usual conversations with my father is so weird, that it gives me material to write and laugh about. But all that is post our conversation, not during it at all.

Here is a snippet:

Papa calls - "What are you doing?"
I - "Watching some TV, and you?
Papa - "Oh you are also watching tennis, am watching french open"
I - "Ok. No am watching something else"
Papa - He hardly pays attention to what I say "This Djokovic is such a maniac. His playing is so erratic"

Here I must admit that this is the first time I hear this person's name. My knowledge of tennis is still about Boris Becker, Pete Sampras, Nadal, Federer..and a few others of that league

I - "Who is he?"
Papa - "Come on, he is number 3 seeded"
I - "Oh..I am not aware"
Papa - "Anyone who is interested in tennis would know his name"
I - "But when did I say I am interested?"
Papa - "You have no interest in life!!" - Now his tone is beginning to get belligerent
I - "Come on, tennis is not the only thing to be interested in" - My tone is sounding irritated
Papa - "Then tell me what is your interest in life?" Now his tone is of a school teacher castigating a student
I - "------------"
Papa - "You know na, I have a TV tuner in my PC and thats where I watch all my matches, cos the TV is forever occupied by your mother with her daily soaps?" - Grudging undertone

This piece of information has been shared with me (and all my siblings) nth time and my only reaction can be a sigh!

I - "------------" -
Papa - "Your mother is watching something called X-factor" - sarcastic undertone
I - "So am I"
As usual he pays no attention to what I said


Papa - "Can you believe it, this Djokovic guy is only 24 and is giving hard time to federer who is 29?"
I - "------------" "Here I am trying hard to concentrate on X-Factor results

Papa - "Ohhhhh...what an ACE!!" - He can really shout
I - "Papa, you always call up and talk to yourself. Whats the point? Let me watch what I am watching and you drown yourself in tennis"
"Silly girl!" *hangs up*

Oh , these fathers! Who said men cant be nags?

4 comments:

Sh@s said...

Dads are darlings and not nags :)
You will miss all this nagging once you will grow up n get busy with life and other responsibilities.

WomanInLove said...

@Sh@s - I am already quite grown up and very busy with life :)
And Dads are a darling nag..at times missed and at times dreaded

M said...

Loll.. :) I find conversation with dad very cute. As in, cute only whn u look back at it.

No matter how grown up u maybe, they' bound to make u feel like a 10 yr old who knws nothing about Life.

:)

WomanInLove said...

@Minya - you bet :)