He loves her in strange ways..
Strange is the only way she can be loved
Not like a woman ,
Not like a beloved, or a sweet sister or a mother
Perhaps like an apparition
Let others have a life of love
a life of celebration
But you have pined and settled for her
So you have her to bear
He thinks she has the secrets, of his happiness
She has the secrets of oceans and rains within her
She needs subjugation
If you can not overpower her,
You do not exist outside of her
Accept and surrender
That's the only way things work with her
Cos she knows,
She is not alone in her loneliness,
she is the celebration
And she believes
She begins, where your comprehension ends
And maybe , she will set your soul free..someday
Inspired by lines from Pablo Neruda's poem
I love her as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul ~ Pablo Neruda

14 comments:
You described it just right :)
Beautiful lines.
looking for a master she is.....
A point of view it is..
women like men who treat them like their darkest desires.....
Cause nice is not real..
cause men are reallu mean..
So go figure...
... Wonderful. :)
@Sh@s - Thank you :)
@Hazel Mamaril - Thanks and welcome to my blog
@gaijiin - looks like we have a mutual hate club..you for women and I for men..just a point of view
'And this is why I sojourn here
Alone and palely loitering
Though the sedge is wither'd from the lake
And no birds sing'.
Oh yes, it begins where comprehension ends. The man-woman relationship is a power game, of dominance and subjugation, of S&M, except when love is there on both sides (a rare thing indeed).
Good poem; also liked the label, 'love or something like that'.
@Syed - Thanks.
Whats S&M? I have seen love on both sides, still ego has its role everywhere. The hard edges in each need time to mellow and melt into one another.
S&M is sadism (deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on others) and masochism (deriving pleasure from receiving pain on oneself). The term Sadism is derived from the writings of Marquis de Sade and Masochism from the writings of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch. S&M is often used in the context of sexual role-playing.
Very nice indeed
I have put your blog on my blog list; I hope you won't mind.
"Love is so short, forgetting so long." - Pablo Neruda (Tonight I can write the saddest lines.)
And this was beautiful :)
devangini - thanks and welcoe to my blog
Syed - of course I dont mind
Missy - Thanks.. I love Pablo Neruda too :)
huh you are extremely gifted! Take my bow for this poem :)
What I feel is that we don't talk about love any more whilst we resort to chasing our alter-egos. The woman who used to be my alter-ego still has complete authority over my mind (even though my heart has moved on, so has my body, long back) and she can still tap my nerves whenever she wants to. Doesn't thrill me much though as we are no longer in touch with each other. It goes beyond the tender feelings associated with a romantic attachment and almost becomes a battle of perseverance and patience. Who will set free the soul? Who will give in one final moment before death?
Women are the epitome of Endurance with a cAPITAL E - that's all I know now. Salute and reverence.
By the way, you have inspired me to attempt a scribble on alter-ego. Thanks once again :)
Destiny;s child - Thats quite a comment. And such appreciation puts an onus on me to out-do myself..tall order :)
And it does go beyond the tender feelings..sometimes a battle, sometimes surrender
and sometimes just breathing for the sake of it :)
You really are a minute observer of life. Nothing seems to escape your senses. Just brilliant..keep going
Post a Comment