She feels as if she has been blown away..up in the air
Like an un-tethered kite, she flies up and up
No shackles to pull down, none to stop the ascent
The relationships, the drama, the love, the hatred
All are but a facade, which keeps going for life
Seeking your own self, is the ultimate aim
Seeking imageries of what you lost or never had
They say there is no place like home
But she makes a home of wherever she goes
If at the airport, reading a book and sipping coffee is bliss, thats home to her
If a kid flays arms and runs to her, just for a hug..that's home to her
Watching a movie with some tea and popcorn, gives her a home
Home is where the heart can find a moment's rest, and parched soul is rejuvenated
Home is where she chooses it to be!

9 comments:
Reminds me of "Narcissus and Goldmund" by Hermann Hesse. When I read the novel years back, I yearned to lead a life like Goldmund; that's what I still sometimes think I should have done.
If you haven't read the novel, then you must read it.
Syed - Yes I had read it long back and loved it
Home is where the heart is and always has been
True..and I have decided to find it in smallest things
Frost wrote, "Home is the place where, when you have to go there/ They have to take you in."
Bujhe jo rozane jindan to dil ye samjha hai ke teri mang sitaron se bhar gayi hogi...chamak uthe hain salasil to hamne jana hai ke ab sahar tere rukh par bikhar gayi hogi.......
When you are far away and forlorn...home is where someone eagerly awaits your arrival....!
@Syed - Nice line
@Humayun - whose line are those? amazing! I think even if noone waits for you..you can find a home..cos your heart is always yours and it deserves to be happy
From Faiz ... possibly written while he was in prison. Yeah... what u say is what you have expressed beautifully in your poem.
Thanks!
Post a Comment