About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Companionship.......

.....is over-rated.

That's what I believe.

Here I am not talking just about a romantic companion, it could be just anyone.
Close , or not so close does not matter.
And I am talking about the 24 hour living in and out, with that person

The advent of every new person in your life, gives another dimension, different energy, new perspective to your life.

Its good for a while, the change is appreciable and well received
But I feel finally all of it boils down to one single point from where deriving happiness becomes difficult

There is a rise of expectations, dependency and all the complications of another human's mind and habits

Things I could have done without, things which would not matter to me otherwise..start bothering in strange ways

If I don't have anyone to turn to, I stretch myself to fit all the crevices.
I fill in all the blanks of my mundane life, and I become consolidated

But as a new person comes in my system, the consolidated me is again scattered into smaller fragments, and a bit of me gets lost like that

In order to be whole, one has to be alone
I am my best, when left alone

6 comments:

Whuaat? said...

I totally agree with you on everything you said. It sounds so perfect.

But is it also practically possible to not be dependent or attached to anyone at all? Can anyone ever achieve that? I doubt.

WomanInLove said...

Whuaat - A total disconnect with everything around you is impossible. That's what yogis might achieve. But in small or big measures, we all need and tend to do that, as we grow to know ourselves and others around us.

TR said...

I don't know if it's relevant but the way the society has been moving, the way the joint families are giving way to more and more nuclear families and the nuclear families in turn leading to a "self-dependent" generation shows a trend that just indicates rather than we becoming more introspective, somewhere, in a small way we are getting towed by a social trend.This "disconnect" we talk about though definitely comes from self-discovery and openness to our relationships but does it also show that we are growing impatient with time?It's such a rush out there that may be we expect too many results too soon?Just my point of view.
:)

WomanInLove said...

TR - I don't think its a generation thing but I feel its the way humans are inherently supposed to be. Carrying on with people, compromises are part of the game, but only as much as required to keep one happy.

I might have had a different perspective had a lived a life full of people around me. We turn out the way we are brought up, and then finally its a lot about who we are.

Deviprasad V said...

Ha ha well articulated, but scary for us men. what if all women started thinking this way? :-)

On a more serious note, this is the Change conundrum- Getting into any relationship entails agreeing to permanent change in your life, bringing someone into your life, etc. No is status quo, you going on with your life with minimal change. It is the fear of change that drives this search for loneliness. But yes, we need to know how much of oneself we are willing to fragment for a friend/loved one etc...
But good thought provoking post!

WomanInLove said...

Deviprasad - Its not the fear of change, but fear of losing ourselves. I have been there, done that and I know the difference too
And a man-woman relationship should not be based on need for company
That way we restrict our definitions which leads to issues between couples