About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, August 26, 2011

It must have been love

I have never given much importance to the niceties in a man(for that matter anyone). The extra sweet behavior, courtesy, chivalry, and all that banal talk about how he is all for equality of women, how he is so adjusting, honest and all that crap

That wont impress me.
But you say something original, something which will make me sit up and notice you, which will hit me as a new wave of thought, then I can be your slave(that's exaggeration)

That's awe-inspiring for me. Then I would want to know every bit of you..with my never ending effort

There are things people have told me which I remember for life.
Small things, which have hit me, made me smile or cry, made me think

And one such is, what you told me, 7 years back?

- "R, you do not have soft edges around you. They are these sharp ones. A person has to slide off a little around you and will get hurt by your barbed wires. Things which other women can get by using their femininity, you make it all so righteous. You would never use your charm to get anything, always your conviction that you deserve it."

Though I was very annoyed about something at that point, this statement made me relent.
In a fraction I realized what you meant and in spite of these not-so-nice words, I felt a sense of relief. Relief for seeing the real me. Relief for being with someone who can tell that to me. I went quiet and just looked at you.

Encouraged by my silence you added : "Its like walking on tenterhooks, one small glitch and I fall off."

To that, I giggled and added - "But it has a thrill..an anticipation, right? What if you make it till the end without falling? It gives you a sense of a portentous victory! And you desire to still tiptoe, cos of that one feeling?"

Its not about the sweet things one says, or the harsh things..its so much about the right things..
Blatant honesty is the most innocent thing in a human!
.

That's what makes you fall in love with someone..cos they see you as you are
And they can tell you in a way, which is so endearing

Bad or good, polite or rude does not bother then..
What you feel at that point is..maybe a part of your heart can still belong

So, I dint object or accept but we just smiled and savored that feeling, of ....of belonging to someone again..

There is one thing I would like to tell you, if I could..
Your memory is always a reminder of a smile lost in time.
You are the tucked away laughter in my heart.
Whenever I want, I can take an ounce of those smiles and smear my day with that

It must have been love..but its over now
It must have been good..but I lost it somehow

7 comments:

Sh@s said...

Sigh...

WomanInLove said...

No SH@s lets smile to our ability to love and let go without bitterness :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Love is never over, only the relationship ends.

Priyanka Kamath said...

It is okay to let go of someone if you feel that's the best.
It is okay to remember those moments later and smile at them.
That's when you know, the moments spent with the certain someone, few or many, were worth it:)

I love the post:)

WomanInLove said...

Syed - true, I have a post on those lines in my draft

Priyanka - Thanks. Yes, and there are very few people who can make you feel this way..even after things end

Hopelessly Flawed said...

you are lucky.

WomanInLove said...

A - For a few things, yes