About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, August 5, 2011

So now the whole world(the world which knows me in small ways) knows I have a blog. I have tried hard enough to get search engines to leave my blog out, on my name search. But all in vein.

I think my blog is linked to my gmail account, and that has a linked ad-sense account (which is impossible to delete or have my name changed there) which makes my blog appear in search list, if someone googles my name.

I have no f**ing idea why anyone would google my name???

Its very disconcerting for me to know that people I meet daily, but who hardly know me,can read my inner most thoughts right here.
I meet some guy, and next day he tells me how wonderfully I write. And he never thought I was such a person...etc etc.

So you, who googled my name and found this blog, please go. You, who I see daily and converse only in "hi"'s, spare this space please.


I need help, I have tried enough settings in the blogger.
How to disable search engines from listing my blog on my name search?
I have tried to set it off through blogger but that clearly does not work.

Anyone, please help. This is urgent!

14 comments:

Nirati said...

Umm you could make your blog private..That way only people you invite can view it.. (I think) the current site members a.k.a your followers too would be able to view it .. But then unless you invite sumbody,no one can see it ..

WomanInLove said...

Yeah but thats one thing I dont want to do. I just want to go anon,at least this blog does not list on my name search :(

Humayun Jamil said...

Kaisa parda hai ke chilman se lage baithe hain ....saaf chhupte bhi nahin saamne aate bhi naheen!

WomanInLove said...

:) chilman jaroorai hai kabhi kabhi

Sh@s said...

Try changing the url of your page. Change your contact email id which is there on your blog profile page. See if it works for you if not then let me know.

WomanInLove said...

Hey can I change contact email id on my blog? I dint know..maybe that should help. Will try and tell you

WomanInLove said...

Sh@s - I could not find a way to change my contact email id. I can only add new ones it seems.If I could remove my current one, that could solve the issue, but I am not able to

Whuaat? said...

Listen, don't make it private ..I just started following you :(

There is an option in blogger settings to remove your blog link from search engines. Settings > basic > Let search engines find your blog?

Select no. Doesn't that work? It should.

WomanInLove said...

@Whuaat - Thats precisely the reason I don't want to go private. Cos I like to interact with other bloggers, whom I sometimes find through comments.
What you mentioned above does not work. I guess its cos of my ad-sense account. Not sure

Btw, you seem to be private on your blog :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Behter to hai yahi ke taghaful se kaam lein.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - haan wahi karne ki koshish hai..koi aur charaa nahin

Whuaat? said...

Whaaat? NO! My blog's not private!
You can totally check it out :P

Spectator said...

Migrate to wordpress.
Its better than blogspot in many ways.

WomanInLove said...

Thanks. Will see how that can come about without much disruption.