About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sadistic?

I believe in clearing the air, in case of any discord I have with anyone
I prefer speaking all thats in my mind, and ask all the questions, to give me a ground to evaluate my next step

Even if it puts me in a bad light, I prefer that situation much better than the one where there is some under current between two people, all the time
I suck at playing roles, and in situations like these, one has to play a role

But off-late I realized that sometimes(specially when you feel you are the wronged one) its better to leave the air grim
Cos if you try reasoning with the other person, you give them a chance to come clean!

Even if they are dead wrong, they can talk their way out of that situation, off load any tiny-weeny bit of guilt that they might have had, and then walk away with a smirk

Cos they have done what they wanted to, and have done away with the onus of it too, by just talking and using the right words

So its better to let that seething anger within you remain just there, give air to it and let it reach the other person in right measures
Don't open all the chapters. Leave a room for a small bit of discomfort, which might be caused to the other

Sadistic...is it?

6 comments:

Shruti said...

Sadistic? No. But, wouldn't this be torturing yourself?

WomanInLove said...

Shruti - I have tried both paths and have come to this conclusion that at times a part of you is best left to yourself

Ed Pilolla said...

i like your way of thinking. if i am upset, i sort of prepare what i might want to say to someone and trust that a moment will present itself. and it usually does, often at a surprising time when i am not feeling angry, which allows me to deliver my message without it being full of charged anger. i like your thinking a lot on this issue.

WomanInLove said...

Ed - yeah. I used to be very impulsive, but I guess taming is definitely a better deal. And sometimes its best to walk away without a word. Thank you!

Sayantan, etc. said...

I completely agree with you on one point (perhaps the most important point you've raised in this post): never reason with someone who, you believe, is wrong. That said, sadism is not the route anybody should be taking, for it can hurt big time, both the sadist and the intended recipient.

Maybe silence is the best policy. Just maybe.

No known way to kill anger. The small room you're talking about can accommodate some of it, soothing the troubled soul and giving time to think clearly.

WomanInLove said...

Sayantan - "Sadist" might not be the best word to describe this path, maybe self preservation