About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Maashi....Chocate


You omit the L's and R's
Chocolate is "chocate" and rain is "ane"
And I love saying it the way you do

"Broom" is for some reason "baate" for you
And we sisters also sometimes refer to it as "baate", in our conversations :)
You kids have a strange way of getting into elders brain

But gradually I see you correcting your words now..
I feel the pride, but at the same time some god-forsaken sorrow creeps in
"Cream" is still "Cheem" for you...as yet...hope you never get it right

My sweet valentine this year
तू जिगर दा टुकड़ा ,you are my शोना शोना मुखड़ा



9 comments:

Sayantan, etc. said...

:) You and your valentine are an ode to red. The kid is simply an angel.

How come broom become baate? There is no phonetic link between the two words!

Sh@s said...

Very cute.

pygmalion said...

Lovely Lovely Lovely
years pass so soon and we yearn for a go back..
my son used to say ge ge for water.. god knows why:-)
now he s acting so big that i sometimes :(

WomanInLove said...

Sayantan - Yes he is, thank you. I have no clue about this "baate" thing, very novel :)

sh@s - thanks :)

pygmlion - They do..and kids are mysterious so we can just enjoy their mystery till it lasts..thank you :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

That's a cute kid for sure. Even when they grow up, for us they remain as they were when they were kids.

By the way, seeing polka dots, though small, after a long time; came in all sizes and used to be a craze when I was a very young boy.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - Yes, he has gone on me :)

Polka dots were a craze in 70s I guess, and I love them for their simplicity coupled with style. Even now its a favorite in fashion world

MianTariq said...

kid's half said words sound cute.
The boy and the mother are cute in the picture.
Thanks for sharing.

WomanInLove said...

Hi Tariq. Thanks but the kid is my nephew, wish he was my son though :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

According to me, kids are supposed to be cute, women beautiful and gorgeous; that's what it is.