About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, February 10, 2012

Yet again thoughts of love were on my mind..and the whys which go with it

How much of negativity can a person spread with words and how much of it can one take?
I look for love around, but there is so much of un-love swarming around me that I get back to being my wrong self
In words, in actions, in disapprovals and indifference..there is just too much of un-love sitting around the corner to grab you
Its like some people are out there to jinx all your happiness, even from a distance they can cast a spell, like voo-doo, like black magic


But no, hush, I had love in my mind today..of discourses over coffee or wine in a secluded bar, wishing to be in a stupor
Of my eva-de-clogne minglign with someone's musk
Of a season of the mind which is like reckless new year celebration on goan streets

Love is a state of mind, its a point in you, a point to the center of your being

You can love someone only when you are at peace with yourself,
When you are like that piece of cotton which can absorb everything, ever giving and ever receiving

But when you love cos you are disturbed or not in love with yourself, then you are actually trying to run away from yourself...diving into another person.
You can never love in a disturbed state of your mind, cos then you are actually unloving yourself, in the process of loving someone else
And an un-love for yourself never lasts...it can become an obsession..but never love. So when the other person does not love you back, you start taking out layers off that person, robbing him/her of all adornments you made that person shine with earlier. But its not so much peeling off layers from that person , as much about your loathing for your own weakness, which you realise with time. You are just removing shards of your own personality by owing or disowning things in another


So what do we see in another when we love?
Apart from all those desired qualities you seek in a person: viz honesty, integrity and all that crap, one thing I have heard most from people(and I say it too) is that sense of humor is something which can keep 2 people glued together.

But then is it just about the person's ability to make you laugh? Well, in that case one can go and watch a really cool comedy movie, isnt it?

No, love is that part of you which you will always love, that only part which you will respect in yourself

Love happens when that person pulls your center with a centrifugal force, out on the surface,
You are spilling all over, you are too much to bear, your aura has taken a different colour overnight
And universe is so happy with your "muchness"

Your edges are scathed and sparkle,
In fights and in banal talks, you feel the whole of you

Unlike some people, for whom love is just running away from themselves.Who try to negate every bit of you, who pick ulterior motive in all that you do or say, whose inadequacy starts showing up in you, whose bitterness spills all over you..such people are in-capable of loving, cos their own complexes will never let them love anyone

Sometimes I wonder if its the strong ones who have to bear the cacophony of the weak? Sometimes the strength that you exhibit, can be taken against you, to wear you down. So much that you start condemning your own strength.Just cos, they can not get to the core of you(but keep telling you that you dont have a core and they have you all figured out!)

You can become the same with them, and then its a spiral downwards. The next person you are with, you will spill your venom on him/her and the chain continues


For those who are ensconced in the grandeur of their own thoughts and believes..

Incidentally love is, and will always be about you, yourself

May each one of you find a valentine, to cherish this year..new or old..but someone your own..so much you

8 comments:

Sayantan, etc. said...

From a guy's perspective, I'd like to say that other than being at complete peace with the mind, we also need to be in a 'position of strength' to approach women. What I mean by position of strength is that many guys tend to seek out 'love' when they get themselves into a position of need. That is neither love, nor anything remotely like that. 99 out of 100 times it's pure lust; hence, the charm subsides soon and a new hunt ensues.

When a guy is in a position of strength, he exudes confidence in both words and action; he looks like a man who can make a woman feel secure and can also take complete responsibility of two lives, to begin with.

Btw, Happy Valentine's Day, in advance. (I will most probably be spending the day flusteredly gazing at some 'Greek' alphabets flying up and down before me - it will be exam time). Lots of love. Cheerio.

Syed Ali Hamid said...

I think love is like good literary writing:it should stand the test of time. A relationship may have come to an end, but if the bitterness of falling apart or breaking up slowly disappears and we look back with only fondness and understanding at the relationship, then it's love. And, let me assure you, it doesn't happen only once.

And, of course, you can again read that famous Shakespeare's sonnet 116:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Hope you find love this Valentine Day. Best wishes.

Whuaat? said...

This was so well put! Great read. Made a lot of sense!

'Incidentally love is, and will always be about you, yourself'
Absolutely!

Deviprasad V said...

Nice thoughts. Thanks for your wishes. Wish you all the best too!
dp

WomanInLove said...

Sayantan - I would nto say lust always, but just a vent..no love. And I agree, 2 confident people can bring peace and love together in this world. Hope all your studying pays..love

Syed- People associate lots of attribute with love(care, respect, sacrifice etc) but I feel all that robs the very flavor and essence of love. All these are side dishes to love, one must not weigh love against it.
Hope you remain in love, if you are..else find one!

Whuaat - Thanks. One topic I can write tons about

Devi - Thank you!

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Mashwarey ke liye shukriya. I'll try to to find the main dish.

Hummingbird said...

I dont know what love is. I dont think I can add any value to the post. But this gave me something to keep occupied during my journey to work :) Nice writing

WomanInLove said...

Shades of Grey - Am glad it occupied you :)