About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A poetess like me

I follow a blog which puts up great work by various artists from various streams and its a delightful blog for me. There are rare songs, poems by writers I was not aware of. One such I came across recently was "Nikki Giovanni". This blog translates everything in hindi, which was beautiful. But I knew the English would be much more, and I searched and fell in love with her many poems which I read. She felt close to heart, a natural, a lover. There is a poem which resembles a line from my hindi poem which I had written ages ago


I am sharing lines from some of the poems I found stunning

 "Cotton Candy on a Rainy Day"
Don't look now
I'm fading away
Into the gray of my mornings
.........
I try I become more difficult to hold
I am not an easy woman to want
They have asked the psychiatrists . . . psychologists . . . politicians and social workers
What this decade will be known for
There is no doubt . . . it is loneliness

-------

"Choices"
if i can't do
what i want to do
then my job is to not
do what i don't want
to do
--
This specific poem written below is the one which made me feel I had written something very very similar way back

"The way I feel"(Ahh this is one of my labels on this blog)
i've  noticed I am happier
when i make love 
with you
and i have enough left to
smile at my doorman

 i've realized i'm fulfilled
like a big fat cow
who was just picked
for a carnation contentment
when u kiss your special place
right behind my knee

most time when you are around
i feel like a note
reberta flack is going to sing

And the lines which struck me with deja-vu are following


in my mind you are a clock
and i'm the secodn hand sweeping
around you sixty times an hour
twenty-four times a day

Sample these lines by me, in one of my hindi poems which I had written way back in 1998, in my diary and had posted it on my blog in 2008, here
http://memoriesofaworldelsewhere.blogspot.in/2008/06/some-love-poems.html

तुम जब चाहो मुझे देखोगे और मेरा दिल सिमट आएगा तुम्हारे पास
तुम्हारी आँखें मेरी धूरी हैं
चाहे जहाँ भी जाऊं मैं , केंद्र तुम ही रहोगे
(When you look at me, my heart will come back to you
Your eyes are my pivot
Wherever I am, you will be my center)



Ohh..sweet love, how you feel so strange when you are gone
Was I ever like this.?

4 more years went since I wrote this on the blog too??? Unbelievable. I feel I started this blog so recently

So we were at 2 different parts of the world, thinking alike..

There are other poems which I loved by her, but the last one I want to share here is this

"Communication"
if music is the most universal language
just think of me as one whole note

if science has the most perfect language
then think of me as MC(square)

what i mean is one day
i'm gonna grab your love
and you will be satisfied


Blissful read is each of her writing, and she has the most endearing face and smile




 
 


3 comments:

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Her love poems are quite good, esp. "The way I feel". For the one with the clock imagery, read John Donne's "A Valediction Forbidding Mourning".

By the way, your poems are quite good too, esp. this rather original line:
ऐसा लगता है मेरे दिल को तुमने भाप बना के उड़ा दिया है

Why don't you post some of your recent ones?

Lekin behtar hota ki in mohtarma ki jagah koi nai dhundli si tasveer hoti, jo phir kai din zehen par chhai rehti.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - Thanks, Just got back from a trip and got time to reply. But these days there is so much of english around, speaking, writing that I have forgotten how to write well in my native language. And I can never try and write a poem, it has to happen naturally.
Ye post to in mohatarma ke liye likha tha..isiliye inhi ki tasveer lagayi abhi..dhundhali fir kabhi :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Insha Allah:

Hum bhi tasleem ki khu dalein ge
Beniyazi teri aadat hi sahi.