About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, May 18, 2012

While on the way to work, my iPod was playing this song:

"Hansne ki chaah ne kitna mujhe rulaaya hai"
(The desire to laugh has made me cry so much)

I dont believe in indulging in self pity, yet the simplicity of this song can melt you heart

The first line is so terrific, that each time I hear, it makes me think and feel different things.
And the soulful voice of Manna dey gives it the edge of hopeless melancholy

The flute which starts the song, sets the mood. It has a bong touch to it, reminds me of trees and shadows

Hear it if you like to be beautifully sad at times, and love your sadness

10 comments:

Thinking said...

hmm....self pity is sometimes very important...

Nice song sharing.

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Pain and sadness is an integral part of the life of a romantic; much poetry is the product of loneliness and pain, rather, sometimes there is a kind of celebration of pain.

I also like this song; don't think it's about self-pity.

Manna De is a great singer; another one of his songs that immediately comes to my mind is, "Har taraf ab yahi afsaane hain"; so tender, so romantic.

WomanInLove said...

Thinking - You said it right. You are welcome :)

Syed - "hum teri aankhon ke deewane hain"..I wished someone sang that to me some time :) This song I put is in a way about self pity, but not in a gross way. You are just celebrating your sadness when you say it...thats the only way to tone it down I feel

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Zaroor gaaya hoga; shayad aapne ghaur se suna na ho.

WomanInLove said...

:) dil se gaana aur sirf gaane mein fark hai

Pesto Sauce said...

Manna Dey is amazing...he sang my all time fav " Humne dekhi hain in ankhon ki...." from Khamoshi

चंद्रभूषण said...

My first ever song, watched on TV. Rajesh Khanna, in Avishkar perhapse. Conveying a rare morbid romantic detachment.

WomanInLove said...

Pesto Suace - Yes he has amazing voice quality. But I have only heard that "hamne dekhi hai.." sung by Lata, never Manna dey version

चंद्रभूषण - Yes Avishkar it is. This movie had beautiful songs - "naina hain pyaase mere", "mere laal"

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Abhi der bilkul nahi hui hai; na jaane kitne sirf ek halke se ishare ke muntazir hon.

Waise, dil se gaane ke saath sur, taal aur awaaz ki gehrai ki bhi zaroorat hoti hai.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - haan der to nahin hui hai, but the heart would know all sur, taal, if sung with melody in my mind