I am in Gurgaon - late in the night..a Saturday night
Smell of smoke in the air
I am in a bar, a happening one, as per the standards
But I dint quite enjoy anything inside the bar till now, I was just trying to sway to my moods, which dint uplift
I had a few beer mugs, but then I am a pro and a few beer mugs do nothing for me now
But suddenly, while I waited for people to finish what they were doing, I sat on the bench outside
Half drunk, half asleep, I looked up
There it was, my moon..I looked around..
There were women, head bent while they text-ed away to someone
Their faces convoluted in some fake misery, over a false love, over an emotion they so wanted in life, that they resorted to faking
I looked up again at the moon, inhaled the smoke, it gave me a high which the beer mugs could now
I was drowning in a sense of deja vu..I was one of those women sometime
Drunk, texting and madly in love..with someone..or with myself?
I could inhale the smoke the whole night and not budge
I was falling in love again...with something..someone..or the moment
Nostalgia of some kind hit me strong
Delhi of some other time floated in front of me
I dont know what I remembered, who I recalled, but I remember remembering...
That I am for keeps..that who belongs to me can never get away from me
Smell of smoke in the air
I am in a bar, a happening one, as per the standards
But I dint quite enjoy anything inside the bar till now, I was just trying to sway to my moods, which dint uplift
I had a few beer mugs, but then I am a pro and a few beer mugs do nothing for me now
But suddenly, while I waited for people to finish what they were doing, I sat on the bench outside
Half drunk, half asleep, I looked up
There it was, my moon..I looked around..
There were women, head bent while they text-ed away to someone
Their faces convoluted in some fake misery, over a false love, over an emotion they so wanted in life, that they resorted to faking
I looked up again at the moon, inhaled the smoke, it gave me a high which the beer mugs could now
I was drowning in a sense of deja vu..I was one of those women sometime
Drunk, texting and madly in love..with someone..or with myself?
I could inhale the smoke the whole night and not budge
I was falling in love again...with something..someone..or the moment
Nostalgia of some kind hit me strong
Delhi of some other time floated in front of me
I dont know what I remembered, who I recalled, but I remember remembering...
That I am for keeps..that who belongs to me can never get away from me

13 comments:
The last line, bold and in bold: Agreed.
Once in a blue-moon, we deserve a High like that. Very well put Rajita.
Such places, which recall memories of special times, should always be cherished. Have a great time, drowning in alcohol and memories!
Dunno y but ur post reminded me of one of Gulzar's commentaries for Fursat Ke Raat Din. I'm not sure if this ties in, in anyway w/ ur post, but this is wot stirred in me. Maybe it's the moon...or maybe not...
Kuch saaye, kuch parchaian,
Kuch chahat ke sajde
Kuch behte baadlon pe rakhi ummidein,
Barasti rahi, tarasti rahi
Chaand aasman mein jade suraakh ki tarah jhaakta raha
Aur raat...kisi andhe kuein ki tarah muh khole haanpti rahi
Raaste pao tale se nikalte rahe,
Na ruke,
Na thame,
Na roka, na pucha,
Zindagi kis talash mein hai
Zindagi thakne lagi hai,
Aur ye,
Zindagi ka judwa,
Uski ungli pakde,
Shaher ki nangi sadkon par,
Abhi tak kuch gin raha hai
Kuch dhoond raha hai
Ek Akela Is Shaher Mein...
Phew! To write this I had to listen to the song 8 times! I've never been good w/ lyrics!
That I am for keeps..that who belongs to me can never get away from me.
Bold and beautiful.
Not Just My Allegories
This muse isn't of the same level to which u have made us addicts... were u still intoxicated when u penned them....?
Doesn't quite give the high
the way you have got
us addicted to ...!
Were you tipsy still
when u penned it down...!
Doesn't quite give a high
the way you have got us
addicted to by your other posts...!
Were you still tipsy when
you penned them down...?
Syed - :) I knew you would
Wildflower - Thanks, good to see you back
Sayantan - Alcohol is good, memories should be curbed
Raj - Wow, perfect lines for the mood I wanted to capture
A.P - Thank you :)
Humayun - I am sorry that it does not, and the message is loud and clear by your 3 comments :) But I am surprised that I see your comment only on the post which you dint quite like but not on others!
Now this post takes me back to sometime. I don't remember when, where and who but I do remember remembering in a situation like this.
Loved the last line Rajita. It touched the core of my heart.
Thanks Soumya!
No post for a long time? Hope everything is fine with you.
Syed - I think there are too many things on my mind these days and my blog is taking its beating. I am really not happy with it though. But here you go. A new post
Post a Comment