About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, December 20, 2013

Dum Malang Malang..Dhoom

Now that Dhoom 3 is slated to release tomorrow, on its eve I, I wanted to share these bits and pieces of thoughts I have been having, ever since I heard Aamir is playing the new "thief" in this sequel.

I can not help but compare him with Hrithik in last Dhoom (2).
Hrithik, in-spite of his striking good looks, never struck a chord with me, till Dhoom 2 happened..
But when I saw him in this movie, in his glorious avatar, I felt he could generate a spark even in dead water.

He was utterly, purely,unadulterated magnificence personified.
Be it his attitude, or enigma or Greek-god looks, or perfectly sculpted body or the finest and the best..his dance.

Aamir in comparison to all the aspects mentioned above, is a damp squib. He looks like this goody goody guy, or a kid, acting all angry and menacing.
Thats my take, which is surprising, considering the euphoria he created in me when he first came on screen many many years back. You can read more on that here:
http://memoriesofaworldelsewhere.blogspot.in/2010/01/aamir-khan.html

This new kid on the block had managed to block all mys senses back then.
Earlier I would have thought Aamir could do any role and get away with it, but now I am a more objective person and more discerning.

Well here are a few pics of both of them (in the same role in different Dhoom versions) for you to have a dekko, and decide..

Hrithik





Aamir




On another note, I really really wish Aamir does great in this movie, simply cos of the sheer hard work, dedication, heart he puts in every bit of his work. Specially this one, as it has been much more demanding for him to play this, what with a lot of acrobats involved in his dances.

I love the way the song goes Dum Malang Malang...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Everything his 6th finger included rocks. Just wish he had a better tonal quality.

Incidentally; I feel most of the current heroins are better at acting than most male co-stars. Priyanka in Barfi (there was no priyanka in that role, only Jhilmil)/saat khoon maaf; Deepika most of the times; Rani almost always; Vidya .. better performers.

But sometimes AK's subtle nuances are better than most of other male co-stars.

WomanInLove said...

Deepika is pretty ordinary looks wise, acting and everything. No spunk. She is working hard, but not someone born with talent.

Aamir is great..but has huge limitations

Anonymous said...

She was much better than her costars in all the recent ventures, last 3-4 ventures have seen a change in her.

WritingsForLife said...

Did you watch it? Did it change your mind? :-)

WomanInLove said...

accumulateme - I dont agree. She could not out-do authenticity of Ranveer in Raam-leela. The only movie I really liked her better than SRK was in Chennai express. And for sure she outdid her costar in "break ke baad" which was Imraan, anyone can beat him

Raaji - I did. No I did not change my mind. In one of the roles(Cant spill the beans) he did show his prowess as an actor, but the sheer glamour of dhoom wasn't something for his league. And the movie was nothing compared to Dhoom2, so Dhoom 2 wins hands down, be it the male lead or the movie direction

Anonymous said...

For me the litmus test is when you don't see the actor just the character one is playing. Raveer was just about Ok in RL. In terms of screen presence Dips burned thru. Supriya pathak was better though.

But if cocktail is the starting point; there is a shift I suspect she will get better from here. That is what interests me, none of the bolly stars seem to be evolving. She is trying though as you observed she is not naturally talented.

Anyhow the point I was making is that compared to male leads; the females are surely turning to be better performers.

WomanInLove said...

Ranveer played the character to the T. From where I see Deepika has a long way to go, what with her bad dialogue delivery and accent, specially her english accent. I wonder even though she is the duaghter of Prakash Padukone and must have had good education at her disposal, how come her english is so screwed, not grammatically but pronunciation wise

Anonymous said...

Lol. I like her dimples though :)

Fingers crossed till she walks the long way :)

~anu~ said...

oh your hatred for Deepika..! (missing the facepalm emoticon here)
Kuchh toh bigaadi hai wo tumhara.. kuchh to personal lagta hai..
Did you not like her in cocktail?

WomanInLove said...

My God Raina..kaafi velli baithi ho ki you had to time read comments too
The only 2 movies she was fine are cocktail and chennai express. cocktail also few scenes she acted cool where she could not carry it. she has a docile persona, so when she throws attitude, it looks tad over the top. And english to tum bhi maanogi..hoping you understand its nuances :P

WomanInLove said...

Aur Aamir mera kya bigada hai..I am just perceptive..and my liking is not hard core..its based on how they perform :P..I am missing exasperated emoticon here

~anu~ said...

i wasnt talking about aamir.. uska to Samar avatar was tha hi bilkul over the top..
sab velle kehnde saanu ki
sab kehnde hi rehnde saanu ki..

WomanInLove said...

I know you were not talking about aamir but what I meant was that I am berating him too off late so it's not about koi bigada hai kuch but just my nature of immense like or dislike

Hopelessly Flawed said...

im a fan of amir khans work...but dhoom 3 was disappointing...nd the kamali song is a striptease(way to get a job at a strip club not a circus or theater)...malang is good
though...could only appreciate the the Samar character...

WomanInLove said...

A - Agree, Aamir should stick to roles which suit his persona. Dhoom3 was bad in many ways, Aamir chose to do such a movie is bizarre