Why do people stop blogging? The ones who loved doing it once.
I fail to answer, as I am one of them.
And to top it, I think of it everyday. I scribble things and then read it and find it trash and never get to publish. Its like my writing has not ripened enough to be shown to the world.
What stops the flow of eccentric enthusiasm which brimmed earlier? Is it that you have become stale and can not conjure enough novelty? Or is it because you are bored of it? Or is it because you are not sad and yearning for something, which stops you from being dramatic in your writing? Or that you are too busy (most lame excuse, noone is ever too busy to do something they love)? Or is it cos you are too happy in your world that the blog world does not hold any meaning to you anymore?
I dont think its any of that! I think its more of the inertia of things which gets to you, once you get into the motion of not writing. But you keep thinking, I will get back to it with a bang.
I have things to say, share, create. I have too many drafts to publish.
So I have made a pledge, I will write at least once a week. Be it a line, or share a song, or any bullshit.
But I wont stop it to get into that inertia.
My blog has been my shiniest spot in life for over 7 years now, and I can not let go of that.
Not for anything new in life, not for any sorrow or for any joy.
So I hope someone is still looking at this corner of mine, someone is still interested in hearing what I have to say.
And say I will, about me, about things around me.
The journey begins again...

11 comments:
Looking forward to reading more from you! I might take inspiration from you and follow suit as well...but it's too soon to commit :)
Looking forward to reading more from you! I might take inspiration and follow suit as well...
Happy writing!
I'll be stopping here to read your stories, so keep blogging :)
I just did a whole month of blogging myself to see if I could come up with things to write every day in February. Sometimes easier, sometimes not so easy...but I think it's like you say - when you stop for a while, it becomes more habitual to not write...whereas if you keep at it, it becomes a habit to do it consistently.
Happy blogging !
I check in everyday; the attendance register must be full.
Shruti - I would be glad to be an inspiration for your writing as it would give me a chance to read you more :) Believe me it can be easy if you just try consciously
Zella - Thanks so much, that would keep me going. Yes I read most of your posts and was tempted to comment, but as you know inertia applies to everything and procrastination takes over
Accumulateme - I hardly come here so never got a chance to check attendance and not sure if I can make out identities of people there. But thanks.
I am here, ready to travel with you, on your journey!
Welcome back :)
Thanks a lot Soumya, means much
hmm....seems like you have written about me...once so much into my Blog that nothing matters but my wiritng to my blog...used to share every bit of a day...but now...its all gone and where I don't understand that too...well...lets revive that...lets start again...what you say? :)
Thinking - For sure, lets do that and see how we change bit by bit back to our original self
Oh yes, I'm certainly interested to read the things you wish to write about.
Syed - Thanks and good to have you back after so long
Post a Comment