For you, the box in front of you has become the world and people around you are not worthy of any attention..
Now a days, relationships seem to be changing, the way people interact has changed so much
I remember my childhood, adoloscence and early youth..we were 3 sisters and 1 borther..and apart from studies, all we did was talk to each other..about any and everything under the sun
I still remember how early in the mornings we used to sit with a cup of tea in out terrace garden, with our father and talk about life, people, politics, science, family...
My mom would get angry for wasting early hours in the morning on talking...but in vain..
My father is an avid reader with a varied taste, from fiction to books on black hole...he has tremendous interest in anything which stimulates his intellect...we have got just a bit of it in us..wish we had more of that part of his in us(and less of the eccentric part :))
So sometimes we would all sit and he would read out some excerpt from any good novel he would be reading at that time..be it "Brothers Karmazov" by Dostovyesky or any scientific truth by Stephen hawking...
I guess these early years and such interactions had a lot of effect on me. .I always thought that people are together cos they want to share their thoughts, feelings and trivia..
Togetherness meant that for me..and in any relationship, thats what I craved for most
And now..talking is a thing one does when there is no electricity, when one cant watch TV or play video games..or when it is absolutley necesary..
I come home to the sound of keyboards clattering, surfing on the net, TV playing something in the background...
I wish someone would stop all this it and take a look at me, sit with me with a cup of tea, hum a song as the evening sets..
And even if we dont talk and there is nothing to say...I would love it if that annoying sound of technology is not blasting my brains
I dont have anything against TV shows, but somehow it has succeeded in changing mindsets of people who watch it, and it has made them depend on TV for everything..
TV is good to fight lonelienss...but it should not be there to make people lonelier..
Where are those people who used to have fun in just conversing, bantering, gossiping..As we grow do we become stoic?As if we can not or do not want to talk about anything?Don't we have any ideas we want to share or any feeling we want to dissect?Is all that needs to be spoken already over?
My wonderings and wanderings are yet to be answered.

1 comment:
Post a Comment