About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"How our dreams become tainted by reality, how we can turn them into desperate obsession for which we sacrifice the essential sense of dignity and integrity that we yearn for, when we indulge in a dream"
- Lines from a novel "Things I have been silent about" by Azar Nafisi.

So very true and strikes a chord somewhere. This is a novel on Iran's political turmoil, Iran-Iraq war and her personal life (mostly her parents and her own marriages). Very well written and interesting, though I never liked auto-biographical books earlier.

I so agree with this line, that we turn our dreams into desperate obsessions..craving for some image we have, of ourselves, of our lives...and we make such blunders just to see a glimpse of that dream somewhere..in someone..in something

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably because we fail to see things as they really are...and try to find solace in utopia.

Thin line I must say..because I wander to wrong side more often.

WomanInLove said...

I know..how come all wish for utopia but it never exists for anyone? Must be..for some lucky ones