About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Man,Woman and Sports

Why do men make it such a grand show about sports?
Why is it such a great thing to be drowned in any kind of sports, than to watch a stupid(As per them) soap or reality show?

Does watching sports make you a Sachin or a Nadal?
NO! You are just getting a vicarious pleasure out of watching something you could not do..or someone you could not become
You probably try to regale in some cherished and much coveted moments of fame, which you never lived..

Why is it that your love of sports has to be applauded and is considered manly..and women's love for movies/chatting/soaps/songs is considered as stupid/un-important and a wash out

So much so that poor women try to feign interest in sports, just to feel one with the men around..they try to exhibit immense interest and take pride in following cricket/tennis or anything which makes them valuable or interesting to men(I know some women who just read up the sports section in newspaper to just show how much they know, without any genuine interest)

Whats with all this sports thing? A bat hitting a ball, or a racket hitting a ball or a human hitting a ball..in the end it boils down to just balls!

I have no qualms in saying that sports does not interest me or possess me. As a teenager I used to watch a lot of it at home, which was primarily because of my father's passion. His child like interest in telling us everything about things he knows, teaching us the rules of various games like tennis, cricket and chess (half of his time is spent now on playing on-line chess), that we had grown fond of it.

But after being on my own I realised I would not switch on ten-sports just cos some vague match between some vague teams is happening. My interests lie more in reading, dancing and writing. And I don't see any one's interest in anything, a parameter of that person's qualities.

I find somone interesting cos of many things apart from these. Even a very well-read person can be a big bore, and vice verse.

Recently I read in some blogs about something called "gender-prototype". It was a post where all women bloggers were having a take on how they do things which makes them less of a woman and more of a man. Some of them were outrageous and irritating to the core.

Anything cant qualify as a "men-special" or "women-special"..and there is no pride in anything bratti-sh, like : - Not knowing how to cook(Though I am not practically great at it but I see it more of a handicap than anything to boast of)

Have you ever read about a man boasting of how he qualifies for gender-prototype and
is so much a woman at heart? I have not!

2 comments:

wildflower said...

Bold point made. It irritates me, these constant updates on FB, worshiping of sports stars and blah! We let them be, they should let us be too!

WomanInLove said...

@Wildflower - Sometimes I think its so rightly said that its a man's world. It is something which will take ages to change