"Why do you love me?"
"Does that make you sad?"
"No..I just want to know, cos I am confused..what do you see in me?"
"I love you just like that..cos I was meant to..Cos love is the only feeling which you made me feel when I first looked at you..it was not friendship, it was not infatuation...I could not relate you with anything other than love"
"Hmm...still does not make sense to me..sometimes I dont trust this love you speak about"
"Ok..so tell me why do people like Mona lisa's smile..why is that painting by Da-Vinci so famous?"
"Well the lady is pretty and the smile is innocent"
"Nope..its not cos of that..there are much more prettier women with a thousand watt smile..but do you know why hers is special..cos there is something hidden in her smile..her smile promises of possibilities, of mysteries one would like to unravel, of unspoken happiness.."
"Now that you say it..yes it sure is all that..but whats the connection with my question?"
"You stand for the same..for all possibilities of happiness in my life.And even if the possibilities stand just the same after years, I can live with that.I can live with not living those possibilites, but just seeing them in you.Even if I dont get to know you,I will be happy that there was so much in you to be explored.You stand for all that...to me :)"

3 comments:
Damn!
Why didn't this post come up a few months earlier. I would have been saved days of relentless thoughts.
Next time, I'm gonna remember this answer!
;)
It's always that promise of possibilities..Amazingly well written!
@Zave - Good that there is always a next time :)
@Wildflower - Yeah..life is all about these borken promises :)
Post a Comment