...My body and heart are losing senses, slowly
This song can set me on fire any time
Whenever I hear it, it sounds like my long lost love
I have no idea what the lyricist, music director and singer planned to do with this song, when they created it
I dont know what exactly their vision was...
But they surely succeeded in devastating me..
Whenever I wish to be in that special place of mine, in my cocoon..I plug my ear phones and play this..and let the magic begin
Bombay Jayshree's voice here is like sheet of velvet, gliding down clear water
There was a time I had driven people crazy with this song..
If in a car, I would insist this song be played umpteen times..or in a party I would acquire the role of a DJ and make all listen to just this song, repeatedly
I first heard this when I was in Goa in 2001, this song had just come out I guess
I was with my sis, brother in law and a certain someone..whom I had just gotten to know and attraction was already in the air..sparks were flying
We were all playing cards
I remember being a little inebriated..I remember him siding up with me in the cards game...giving me that special smile intermittently and humming lines from this song..
"यूँ ही बरस बरस काली घटा बरसे, हम यार भीग जाएँ , इस चाहत की बारिश में ..."
I wish the dark clouds keep pouring just like this, and we lovers get drenched, in this downpour of love
He was a good singer
I cant forget how an inane smile was perpetually stuck to my lips, during the whole Goa trip and how this song refused to leave me ever since..
The smile faded and withered..but the song remains..it made me its captive
The other day, someone was playing this song on full blast in my apartment. I walked out of my flat, transfixed, and stood outside my door for a good 5 minutes to soak in this song in the air
No thoughts, no desires...just this song and my blank mind were together

12 comments:
Yeah, that is a pretty good song :-). In fact all the songs from that album are great :-)
without doubt one of the most romantic songs ever!!
very touch song of course
Oh yes, certain songs remind you of certain people, or of emotions experienced at a certain point of time; something like, what Eliot calls, 'objective correlative'.
Raaji, Mayz, Tariq - Couldn't agree more. Its a song for all times
Syed - Yes and for some time it hurts but later its all a good part of your life which you have lived. SOmething to gloat about, and talk about
Nice song and very good translation also!
I feel overjoyed when I suddenly hear any of my favourite songs on fm. The additional bit of happiness comes from knowing that so many other people are listening to it.
Destiny's Child - For some reason if I like a song I like others dont get to listen to it :)
Well, that's too selfish, or should I say, you actually like what you don't like to like, like others liking what you like? I think I'd like to sleep now :D
Destiny's Child - It is selfish but in a different way. I think the essence of a song is gone if it becomes too popular. Cos others might like it for other things, but for that core of it, which only people like me would(in my mind). Thats unfair to the song
Its an amazing how a song can evoke memories...some pleasant, some otherwise...but memories nonetheless :)
And I agree that song is a magic. :)
I kind of had the feeling that this song will capture ladies attention :P though, not so much ours :( Dia Mirza being the reason ofcourse :))
mishraaji - Some guys do like..and Dia Mirza is sure a dud
Post a Comment