About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I dont know if I believe in God

Cos when I hear or read people who talk of God, there is either too much of agony or too much or ecstasy

I dont feel either..
Do I feel serenity? I dont know..
But I do know I am not a disbeliever
I am not an atheist..cos such terms only define what one wishes to define about oneself

So sometimes my faith in God, in moderation, leaves me bewildered as to what do I expect from him/her?

16 comments:

Nirati said...

I do believe in God. I'm not very religious or something. But yeah, I'm a believer.
I don't know .. but sometimes a little faith takes us a long way doesn't it?!

pygmalion said...

I am a confused believer too!

Sayantan, etc. said...

Sometimes it's easier to understand what we don't believe rather than what we do, isn't that right?

Expectations hurt - any time, anywhere. If someone truly believes in god, all he/she can do is pray.

rhye said...

I don't think anyone can be an atheist. All of us believe in some form of divinity. And I guess everyone has a different version of God. :)

Sh@s said...

I don't believe in any particular religion or God.

AVY said...

It's easier to believe in nothing, that's what I try to do anyway.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



VNP said...

I wasn't believing in God too, until I saw Kareena Kapoor in Chameli. :)

Ok Jokes apart - God need not be the version that people talk about. It need not be the power that scriptures refer to. It need not be the answer to mysteries of our world. It could only be 'an end that we aspire for the means we choose'.

For eg, whatever be your attitude, however be your nature, we all have some perfection that we tend towards isn't it? There is always a limit that we aspire in our life (could be in any field or walk of life). This perfection or limit, when it completely possesses us, is the experience of God. If you haven't felt it, you haven't been possessed yet.

WomanInLove said...

Blablaholic - Me too, faith heals us

Pygmalion - As long as we find sense in our confusion

Sayantan - True, I do pray, but I dont have a face to pray to, I try hard to fit one in

Ateesha - You bet, God is not to be takes so seriously :)

AVY - When we say believe, it has to be something. Maybe its you yourself that you believe in

Vikas - Some grave thoughts those. And true ones. I have been possessed but wordiness took over.

WomanInLove said...

Sh@s - No God of any religion, but I do believe in God of small things

Deviprasad V said...

I have learned not to expect but just believe in him/her. It helps tide over tough times..maybe god is a surrogate for hope and as you put it in a better way, to reach peace when everything else goes wrong...

Anonymous said...

I think am selfish. I believe when I want to, I withdraw my belief when I don't feel like it.

WomanInLove said...

Devi - To each his/her own I would say

Chintan - Thats what I tend towards too, but now I believe with no hope..so I let my believe not waver

goatman said...

Its what you need to cling to as you hone in on death, I suspect. . .

Anonymous said...

The existence of god is one never ending debatable topic.

I am an agnostic.

But when i'm hit by fears in my face, i start to believe in him, or her. why does that happen? is it god?
Its strange but my beliefs in god keep changing with time.

WomanInLove said...

Diksha - Thats why I stop myself from leaning too much into it. I just believe, and try not to over do it

WomanInLove said...

goatman - I cling to it even in life, just for my own peace of mind