About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pure women

I usually dont watch soaps, but after staying with Ma for a month and having these soaps run in the house for most hours of our time together, it just becomes a habit to have them on, while I am sitting on the laptop or reading something

And on one such night, I heard this line from a serial ( I dont even want to name that serial to give it any extra footage or importance than it deserves)

-- "Though we were married for a year, my wife is still as pure as she was before marriage"

And I wanted to smash someones head!!

I had these 3 questions running in my mind:

1. How the hell 2 people in love and being married for 1.5 years, stay without touching each other. And just what the heck are they trying to prove by this?? Is it that act of love making makes their feelings for each other less beautiful?

2. So the purity of a woman is determined by her virginity? Whatever happened to purtiy of mind? Purity of heart? Then why have a word like "Pure" in the english vocabulory? One can just replace it with "virgin"!

3. If a woman sleeps with her husband, she becomes impure? Its like this one step and you are no more pure?

Come on..!!!!

I believe such serials and the their makers should be banned from tv.

They are the ones who try and spoil the gullible minds of ordinay Indians.
By giving them the wrong notion that a woman's worth and purity has certain idiotic barometers.
Some of us might have come a long way from there and cant get affected by this, but these serials might move some of us who are already prone to such baseless values.

5 comments:

wildflower said...

love you for this! :)

WomanInLove said...

thank u :)

Anonymous said...

aur wo jo ajeeb se rituals dikhate hain, i don't think most of them exist...they have invented those ritual for sake of their serials...

WomanInLove said...

U bet!

xyzandme said...

The TV is called an IDIOT box for myriads of reasons...and that one quote was one of them. :p

Almost everything on the TV is nonsense and stupid.
But so is the crowd watching it.
Most folks who watch those serials are old folks(mostly the ones born and brought up in the conservative ideas), such thoughts portrayed in the serials are like positive reinforcements for their already living in middle ages brains.So they try to relate themselves to the characters in the serials...

Oh and thats not limited to these serials.Much of the younger generation tries to relate to those stupid serials like roadies, dare2date and other reality shows.Ask an old person about these shows and he will write a same kind of blog post as you have written for the serials.

And I need not tell about the horoscope and sh!t which gets so much of the broadcasting time on a news channel!!
The only TV channel remaining worth watching is DDNews and oh yea.. Cartoon Network.