
I was told, I was the woman to walk the mountains with
And since then, I have walked hills and rivers, in my mind
I have travelled the length and breadth of my being
To see if you would come along to walk with me
But I dont think you believe, do you?
But I swear I do walk, cos sometimes I wake up with smell of sand and sea in my hair
Of nascent flowers on the hills
I smell of cotton balls, and delicate dreams
Craving to be in a place called mine
I have owned and disowned you a thousand times, at my own will
Yes, I have trespassed a few boundaries
Its strange that you never got to know..
But I swear I did own you...sometime someplace,
cos sometimes I wake up speaking words I have never spoken before
Conversation I could have had only with you,and noone else
They say I leave people, I have them when I need them, when I am broken
But do they even know...
There have been men I met, men who deserved only the half broken me?
That me who does not know herself, that me who forgets herself
Maybe they were there for a reason, for a trifle or for a season
reason is gone, trifle is over, and so are they
But you deserve the whole of me
The sweet, bitter me
The laughing me, the chatter box me,the loving me
The me who melts and resurrects
the me who knows no bounds
The me who waits and cries
Maybe I will be broken again, and will belong to many once more
But the whole of me will stand to be owned, just by you
hazaaron khwahishen aisi ki har khawahish pe dum nikale
bahut nikale mere armaan lekin fir bhi kam nikale

10 comments:
hmmm..this is nice!
These lines r the best:
"But you deserve the whole of me
The sweet, bitter me
The laughing me, the chatter box me,the loving me
The me who melts and resurrects
the me who knows no bounds"
This is how you should always be.
@Abhilasha - thanks but thats not how I feel like all the time
सुबहें अब पहले सी नहीं होतीं
कोई बाहों में भर के अब नहीं उठाता
सूरज बहुत देर से निकलता है
दिन के दूसरे या तीसरे पहर........ye apki poem padi to ye linen yad aayi!!
Jai HO Mangalmay Ho
@vish - Nice lines those!
This was like a breath of fresh air...
Its so disarming to find words that echo unformed in the back of your head, put to words by someone else.
@Ankur - thanks. Am glad if I can echo someone's thoughts.
Wow. Did you write this yourself?
@Anonymous - ???
Nobody will ever have the whole of you because you are a little bit of everybody....
Destiny's Child - Well said!
Post a Comment