About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Monday, July 12, 2010

Football

Ok, so this is actually not a post on FIFA or anything to do with football.
This is a post more about my father.

I have a father who stays awake till 2.30 in the night to watch any sports, and then wakes up at 6 AM, to watch the highlights..and here I am, with not even 5% of interest in any sports.

Though when I was still in college and used to stay with my parents, we all were avid watchers of cricket, even lawn tennis.
Because of him I had learnt the rules of the game and jargon like "deuce" and "advantage".
I had actually started liking the game, maybe cos of his passion and interest (and an equal interest in telling us about it and of all possible ratings of players).

He used to have a big blow-up of Gabriela Sabatini in his room, and he felt that this stunning player resembled me :)

So on Sunday, he called up and was talking to Ma, and here is how the conversation went:

[I over hear Ma saying something about foot ball so I ask her to inquire as to who won]

Ma - "So who won the cup?"
Papa - "What?? The match hasn't started as yet!"
Ma - "Wasn't it supposed to be at 12 in the afternoon?"
Papa - "तुमलोग सबसे बड़े ढक हो... 12 बजे रात को है मैच " (you guys are the biggest dimwits, match starts at 12 in the night)
Ma - "आप हैं ढक" :D (You are a dimwit!)

And we laugh away to glory as he expresses his irritation over our lack of knowledge and interest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Gabriela Sabatini, blowup I remember that I bought a poster of Steffi Graf in 1996 from a newly open Achies Gallery, I was in school then 15 Rs was a big money for me. My sisters unanimously dissapprove my act...

So did you watch the finals...

WomanInLove said...

Sisters will always disapprove of stupid acts :)

Oh no..I cant be awake till 2 on Sunday and then go to workon Monday..some other time, I would have :P

offwhite said...

funny post! :)