I don't cry in movies these days
Even earlier, it used to be very rare. I can actually count on fingers and the scenes from movies where I had been moved to tears
But these days it just does not happen. I sit with a stoic face when others reach for their handkerchief. I feel as if I am abnormal and can never feel one with the crowd around
But today it happend..I found a drop of tear very unconsciously rolling down my eyes while watching a specific scene from this move..ok dont laugh at me.."Band baaja baraat"
Well, I liked this movie cos I think Anushka Sharma is pretty good..she is one of those very few actresses (in recent times) who manage to carry herself really well
And this scene was so innocuous that I still wonder what made me shed a tear
This scene is the one, after they have made love and she thinks she is kind of in love with the guy but she realises that the guy does not feel the same way about the whole thing and he is a bit guilt-laden.
The way she realises this is also very subtle and real.
But in this particular scene, she is trying to act causal and joke about this whole thing, so that he does not get wrong ideas and is as easy with her as he was before this incident
She is being her usual self but her face seemed so vulnerable, how starkly the love and hurt shows on her face, how she tries to camouflage it with nonchalance..
She braves the tussle in her own heart, while the guy takes it for real and brushes it aside happily and is guilt-free
All this was very sad and for that one moment I felt one with her..for some strange reason!

7 comments:
I quite like your blog rajita.. :)
Thanks mysh :)
An excellent description of the nuances of the scene.... even I found it unforgettable.
I always fall for scenes which no one else does. Am glad to know someone resonates my views :)
Did you feel one with her "for some strange reason"? You don't know the reason? :)
If I were a lady, I would exactly and precisely know the reason..
BTW, even though I am a guy I sensed a "reason" too. And I remember watching the movie. The funny part is this.. until that scene i kept wondering how they were being so close and not making love (yeah! all men think alike!). Then it happened and precisely in the scene that you mentioned, I stopped watching the movie. Because at that point, it wasn't a movie anymore..
Vikas - I say strange cos sometimes its an amalgam of lot of things and trying to dissect makes it worse
Though I felt the same, of the guy having such a resolve..but maybe thats what was adorable about him too
So what was your reason?
WIL - Like I said, the thin line between movie and reality blurs sometime. Maybe the scene that hit you, hit me too.. For you it was Venus fly-trap, for me it was Mars landing.
Post a Comment