By expiry I dont mean a complete shut down, no talking terms et al.
I mean those small things which you later realise mattered so much more than the big things in life.
Those bantering, the bouts of laughter shared, the opening of your heart and feeling good, of looking forward to meeting that person
Sometime we carry this image of what has been and keep looking for that, not really accepting the change, not realising the differences
And we get exasperated in our quest, but not quite disillusioned, and keep trying.
I guess its the disillusionment, which sets things right at times.
One has to realise when any relationship or person becomes detrimental for your own self, when this feeling of worthlessness comes over you in another's presence, when all memories of good times have been effaced and you are just hanging on to the residuals.
One has to recognize and accept whenever the crux of any relationship depreciates and hits expiry. And trying to squeeze out happiness from it, will never work.

2 comments:
I always say this..every relation comes with an expiry date!
a very nice piece of writing!
Thanks Mansi.
Post a Comment