About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Friday, March 18, 2011

Anna's love

"My love keeps growing more passionate and egoistic, while his is waning and waning, and that's why we're drifting apart." She went on musing. "And there's no help for it. He is everything for me, and I want him more and more to give himself up to me entirely. And he wants more and more to get away from me. We walked to meet each other up to the time of our love, and then we have been irresistibly drifting in different directions. And there's no altering that. He tells me I'm insanely jealous, and I have told myself that I am insanely jealous; but it's not true. I'm not jealous, but I'm unsatisfied. But..." she opened her lips, and shifted her place in the carriage in the excitement, aroused by the thought that suddenly struck her. "If I could be anything but a mistress, passionately caring for nothing but his caresses; but I can't and I don't care to be anything else. And by that desire I rouse aversion in him, and he rouses fury in me, and it cannot be different. Don't I know that he wouldn't deceive me, that he has no schemes about Princess Sorokina, that he's not in love with Kitty, that he won't desert me! I know all that, but it makes it no better for me. If without loving me, from duty he'll be good and kind to me, without what I want, that's a thousand times worse than unkindness! That's—hell! And that's just how it is. For a long while now he hasn't loved me. And where love ends, hate begins.

"And is there any new feeling I can awaken between him and me? Is there possible, if not happiness, some sort of ease from misery? No, no!" she answered now without the slightest hesitation. "Impossible! We are drawn apart by life, and I make his unhappiness, and he mine, and there's no altering him or me. Every attempt has been made, the screw has come unscrewed. Aren't we all flung into the world only to hate each other, and so to torture ourselves and each other? " she thought.
"I thought, too, that I loved him, and used to be touched by my own tenderness. But I have lived without him, I gave him up for another love, and did not regret the exchange till that love was satisfied." And with loathing she thought of what she meant by that love. And the clearness with which she saw life now, her own and all men's, was a pleasure to her.

            Anna Karenina ~ Leo Tolstoy

Is it the story of all women in love? Their love going stronger and men's love waning..or is it the story of all two hearts who were involved with each other anytime? One's love growing in leaps and bounds and another's receding at the same rate(probably cos of the very reasons).
Reading this I felt as if I have said the exact same things to someone , of intensities being inversely proportional

Makes me think why and how this happens?

Maybe cos the base reason for falling in love with someone is inherently flawed.

I never fall for the niceties of a person, I dont fall for a guy who does charity and helps a blind person cross street. I might admire and respect that person, but love has reasons known only to the heart.
The moment you reason, you undermine the very essence of love, of its purity

I will fall in love with the way you smile, the groove in your voice which stirs the unknown in me, your ability to crack me up with the most mundane things, that look on your face when you look at me,your vulnerability, your intelligence, the innocence which makes you impulsive and arrogant but not a stereo-type, your passion for life and for me. Yes, your passion for me, will be my driving force till the end of my life...

So if your eyes remain the same, your voice can still upheaval chords in my soul, the way you look at me never tires me..how can I ever stop loving you?

2 comments:

Aashayein said...

"Is it the story of all women in love?"
I guess no..it is actually a story of two hearts!
For people like us...the former case follows!
Not only me but lot many women can relate to this!
Very Nice post!

WomanInLove said...

And its so saddening to know it never remains the same.