I was telling someone today that I should stop writing on this blog for a while, cos at times I just write for nothing.
I write cos I feel suffocated by people around me, and this is my refuge.Which is not good.
But while on my way to work I crossed a car, there was a young guy driving it.
He was alone, must be having some music running in his car, cos he was tapping his fingers on the wheel and I could sense he was humming along.
I wanted to bend down a little to see his face, cos this picture amused me. The idea of someone having fun, without anyone's company, specially enjoying music, appeals to me.
Then in the auto next to mine there was a bong girl, yapping away on phone in Bengali. I understand Bengali a little so I could grasp that she was talking to a friend about fashion and how she wants to buy this and that. Bengali is such a sweet language, all round and pretty. Makes the conversation even more interesting.
I wanted to crane my neck to see her face, cos he voice sounded so energetic and full of life.
There was another young woman stuck in the traffic jam, like all of us.
She had her hands-free on and was talking to someone. I guess she was talking to her lover (leman in french, just learnt this word today).
The look on her face, of knowing someone new and basking in fresh love. The blush and a soft smile. I could imagine I must have had the same look on my face, in some era.
The sweet vulnerable madness!
So I decided, I wont abandon this blog. If a traffic jam can offer me such delightful sights, there is so much in life to look forward to and write about.

9 comments:
yeah,and one more reason is that I think there's something about your blog
hahaha
Thankkk God for this other reason to write :)
And thank the city for the traffic jam, or else who knows you would have actually quit.
@Zave - Then there might have been some other reason..I will always find some to write :)
Yes Bengali is a very roundish language and most delightfully, it does away with the ever so confusing (for me, at least) chhoti gold flake, mera boyfriend funda! Why is cigarette referred to as a feminine object? Why on earth do women adopt a masculine role while talking about their guys? Beyond my comprehension.
Aamake aamar moto thaakte dao / Aami nijeke nijer moto guchhiye niyechhi / Jeta chhilo na chhilo na seta na paaoai thaak / Sob pele noshto jeebon
To translate it loosely:
Let me live on my own / I have mended my life my way / Let me not have what I never had / Having it all spoils the play
:)
Destiny's Child - You have some opinions :) And looks like you are a bong yourself?
Yes Rajita, I am from Kolkata. And you? Good to know that I have some opinions! :) Facts invite openness; opinions shelter it.
I am from Patna but for more than 13 years out of my home town. Btw how did you know my name? I thought I changed it to this "WomanInLove"
Your name appears in this comments thread only. It must have been very difficult for you to stay away from your family for so long. Friends and colleagues come and go; it's only with the parents we can be demanding like kids, talk freely and without any hesitation, don't we? I have been living in and out of Kolkata for the last 2-3 years - now in Vadodara. Miss my family very much, especially mother.
Post a Comment