About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Where do I begin...

A few days back I attended a training conducted by a person whose training I had attended 7 years back. It was in a different company though, but the same person.

And it brought back some memories, not of him as such but the fact that you and I attended that training together.

We were so fresh, just getting to know each other.

It was a 7 day long training, and am not sure if we attended it for the training content or for each other.
You would constantly be around.
While I wrote down notes, you would sometimes snatch my pen, much to my exasperation.
If I sat in a different row, you would keep pulling my duppatta and ask me to come to your row and sit with you, and I would royally ignore you each time.
But you were so persistent in your effort to stick to me.
Even when I used to be with other girl-friends of mine, you would make excuses to be part of that group, trying to flirt with them, but I just knew you are humoring them just to be around me.

The day we partied and I had a major hang over, I had decided to bunk training and nurse my terrible hang over. But you called and said "I will get bored if you are not around, please come". And in spite of nausea and splitting headache, I ran to catch the rest of the training. Totally hung over and hardly registering anything, I just sat there.

The feeling of being so much wanted by someone is like a drug, it makes you do unimaginable things.

And you kept smiling and asked "Did you come just cos I asked you", and I hated you then!

Your constant calling from office, if I were late on any day, and asking me "Where are you yaar?", used to be my highlight of the day.
Your tone had an urgency, brimming on being rude and demanding and irritated, but till day that has been my most romantic moment, surpassing any form of endearment which has ever been bestowed by me, by any man!

So after that training, while we were strolling on MG road, totally engrossed in each other, we crossed this trainer and his wife and you said in an amused tone "Now that this guy has seen us together, it must have quenched his curiosity of the last 7days".
I sort of knew what you meant, yet asked "What curiosity?"
You said "Of this equation between us"

I remember so clearly that were standing right in front of "Bombay store" on MG, which has a cafe coffee day on the ground floor, in the open.

I stifled a smile and asked "So what is the equation between us?" and looked up at you.
You had the most whackiest, naughtiest, adorable look on your face.
You avoided my gaze and pointed at the cafe and said "Lets discuss it over a cup of coffee".
I knew that discussion would never happen. We were happy in this bubble of "uncertainty" around us and never dared to burst it. We loved each other's company much more to endanger it by questioning what we had.

The physical intimacy was never an important factor between us. Maybe thats why we still had it strong, till we parted. Maybe thats why you always respected me..and I always had an upper hand with you.

I sometimes wonder what kept us going forever.
We met in office, we went for coffee after that..yet we had a never ending desire to be with each other. It never got stale.
Maybe this huge difference between our personalities, kept the spark alive.
I wanted to figure out how one can be so non serious about life, and you wanted to unravel my strict exterior..we were both on a journey, into each other..and into our own selves
In spite of these huge differences in our natures, maybe we were alike on a different level..maybe we both knew all this is a charade to hide our true selves..maybe both of us knew how deep inside we bonded like no one else.

Yet when things took an ugly turn and I totally shut you off..you would try relentlessly to win me back...and tell me "R, 50 years from now (your standard measure of time), if you decided to be with me, we will recall all this and laugh..and if you are not with me, I will still be part of your happy memory"

I would defy this with all my vigour, cut your heart with my acid tongue, and tell you to get lost.

But here I am, just 7 years from then, and not a drop of bitterness. In spite of you being younger, maybe you had an ounce more of maturity, in a minimalistic fraction of matters of heart.

And why do I today write all this?
Cos as I said, this blog will be my witness.
It will be a collage of my life I have lived, and try to hold the precious moments of my life. And truly, you are one bright picture in it.

5 comments:

Soumya said...

7 years?!?

Wow Rajita, that's a long time and you have beautifully held on to that feeling till today.

Each word of your pulled a string at my heart, cos its been 6 years for me and every picture is still perfect in my heart..

Zave said...

That touched and defined several complexities of unnamed relations. Loved it.
And just to make you aware how good this chapter of your life is, picture this post bringing a smile on the most gloomiest (if there is such a word) of face of the world!
:)

WomanInLove said...

@Soumya - Thanks ..some pictures have long lasting imprints..

@Zave - Am I glad about that :)

Sayantan, etc. said...

"We were happy in this bubble of "uncertainty" around us and never dared to burst it."

- Not too many people who are alive get this opportunity, surely you will secure a place in brainyquote.com soon :)

WomanInLove said...

Destiny's Child - ha ha ha..sure I will wait for that day :)