About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Monday, December 19, 2011

A girl who reads is the girl to date

My sister ( who writes here) posted this link on my FB wall saying this was for me

She was the one who initiated me to blogworld, by writing her first post 8 years back on my niece when she was born(Now I dont know where that blog has gone).
And I had begun by writing a comment on it, thinking all this space is just for family to see and comment

She doe not write often now, maybe cos too much of happiness does not give you incentives to write

We, the frequent bloggers, are the ones to whom beauty of longing belongs, who write cos happiness is too fleeting a thing for us

Ok, so lets come to what that article talks about. Well, it talks about me, without knowing me

Some of the lines, bore my resemblance more than others;

"She’s the one lovingly looking over the shelves in the bookstore, the one who quietly cries out when she finds the book she wants"

"She’s the girl reading while waiting in that coffee shop down the street"

"She might give you a glare, as most girls who read do not like to be interrupted"


These lines I feel have been taken from my mind, or any of my post :)
"Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.She has to give it a shot somehow."

"Because girls who understand that all things will come to end. That you can always write a sequel"

"Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Girls who read understand that people, like characters, develop",


But this one is not true:
"It’s easy to date a girl who reads. Give her books for her birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries"

Because for me books are not only about great authors and famous books. They are also about my whims, my drive towards unknown. I would go through random books and pick one by title, or by its picture. Not knowing what it would turn out to be, giving me that edge of uncertainty, the best ingredient in life
So let me have that pleasure, while you buy me a pretty red dress. Am pretty much a books-clothes-accesories girl

This one is so beautiful,makes me believe that such a thing will happen to me:
"You will walk the winters of your old age together and she will recite Keats under her breath while you shake the snow off your boots."

And here is the best of the best..undoubtedly me
"Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads.

Or better yet, date a girl who writes."


There are great many books to be read, I have just begun

13 comments:

Syed Ali Hamid said...

Welcome to the world of literature; read for 30 minutes and be lost for the next 30, return and realize that things look so different now. Then write, flirt with words; the thrill of seeing your work in print, the ambition of writing something big. And in this world of blogging, the pleasure of interacting with people, personal yet so impersonal, almost like Platonic love.

Yes, date a girl who reads, and girls, date a man who reads; 'cause then there is no dearth of things to talk about.

In fact, better, neither date them nor marry them; make friends with them. They'll stand by you forever.

Anonymous said...

I hope you would like this as well-

http://vharicharan.blogspot.com/2011/03/date-guy-who-reads.html

VNP said...

Semantically correct title would be:

A girl who reads is the girl up-to-date :)

Ed Pilolla said...

i have always been attracted to girls and women with their noses in books.

Sayantan, etc. said...

The timing of this post of yours couldn't have been any better :)

I knew a girl who used to always keep 3-4 books in her bag and read them whenever she was not busy with something. Place didn't matter to her, neither did the surroundings. She could read at ease in a crowded bus or at a coffee shop. She once told me that when she reads, everything else around her dissolves and she becomes one with the book.

It's a wonderful feeling actually, to be able to read. Personally I can relate to nothing as meaningfully as written words and I guess those who love writing should also be avid readers to get introduced to different ideas, viewpoints, and perspectives, so they can reproduce them using their own taste, imagination and personal touch.

Another fascinating aspect about reading is that it often makes us aware of many things we don't even know exist.

Most importantly, reading connects people unconditionally, maybe with a simple wish to share thoughts.

The only risk involved with reading is that for people like us who love being sad and lonely have an uncanny knack of reading between the lines! That said, it is only a small risk and doesn't break anything :)

Syed Ali Hamid said...

By the way, is this the photograph of the same 'behind the chilman' girl?

WomanInLove said...

Syed - Literature has been with me for as long as I remember. Its a fall back for all miseries in life. And as usual you said something which is in my draft(of blog world and platonic love). I think I should better publish them all before you say it all :)
And no, this is not the same girl, that girl has longer hair

Vikas - :P Exactly. I think next time I am gonna ask you if I want an innovative title for my post

Ed - Thats a beautiful sight, nose in the books. I wonder what others do who dont read

WomanInLove said...

Kabir - That guy sounds like my father..faraway look is his trade mark

Destiny's Child - Some might say words are refuge, or books are a world for cowards. These come from "doers" as they call themselves and "crass" as I call them.
And if you cant read between lines, you cant be human

Syed Ali Hamid said...

and is much more beautiful.

WomanInLove said...

Syed - if you say so :)

Sayantan, etc. said...

Looking at your greyscale image and your long-lost love for reading, I could remember one of my old favourite poems, by W. B. Yeats.

When You are Old

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

Nirati said...

OMG. These quotes/excerpts are BEAUTIFUL!!
I'm heading over to her blog now.
And -->
"Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.She has to give it a shot somehow."

"Because girls who understand that all things will come to end. That you can always write a sequel"

"Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Girls who read understand that people, like characters, develop
are amaaziiiiiiing <3
But I like the last one best. BEST <3
xx

WomanInLove said...

Desitiny's Child - Oh my..no wonder he was yeats and we are not :) stunning lines

Blahblaholic - They are..and am sure girls who read will have similar choices of favorites. But I am not sure if thats a blog..