About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Connections of affection

Sometimes a joke is lost when told to some people who dont get it!
And sometimes narrating anything close to heart is wasted, when done with undeserving ones

Yesterday I was telling something funny , which my niece said a few days back, to a friend and her reaction was so sublime, that I realised I cant expect others to feel for things the way I feel.
It irritated me that I wasted it on someone who could not relate to it.

I know I cant make such people see something funny in any incident, which only few like me would realise...
Its such a disappointment at those times and in those moments I feel friendless and lonely..cos I cant be a friend if you dont get me!
I feel uprooted..I dont know how to explain it

And in such moments I miss you..

I remember how I used to tell you smallest possible things about my niece, and how you used to come up with new names for her..
"Two quarters" for "Addu" (As in aadha or half)..still makes me smile

And in one such instance you said "You knwo what R, I dont know if your niece is all this cute or not, but I love the way you enact her..am sure you are cuter than her"

I used to brush you off with a smile and say "you are being stupid..she is so much cuter"..But I knew in my heart that this was one of the ways which made me feel connected to you
You used to get me as noone else ever did!

You made me feel I can have roots too..and stand on a firm ground, which can shatter only in my mind

And so many times I would call her by your name, and you by her..

Affection sure has many ways of showing itself

4 comments:

wildflower said...

..the void created by that absence :( it's like wrote this for me

WomanInLove said...

And then we try to fill unworhty ones fill that void..which never happens!

Soumya said...

So lesson well learnt.. never try to fill the void. There always has been and always will be only one person who understands what you mean and how..

The more you try to fill the void, the more you are reminded of the fact that there is one.. Sad, but true..

Again as wild says, it feels like as if this has been written for me :(

WomanInLove said...

You are right..I usually dont do this..but at times there has to be a vent..and you just tend to try if you are lucky :)