About Me

My photo
I am not your mystery woman, I am not your muse..I am not your soulmate, just a passionate woman looking for her own peace of mind... Heart is a lonely hunter!!! "Within us there is someone who knows everything, wills everything, does everything better than we ourselves"~I guess this is Hermen Hesse

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness.”
                                        - Susan Sarandon in Shall we dance

So I guess I will make this blog my witness.
It will notice things I cant share with people in my life, as I would have liked to...

6 comments:

Kabir said...

Yeah, I always quote that to my friends....I liked that dialogue very much...

I don't know how i will react to my blog after 10 years or so...i hope i will smile.

WomanInLove said...

I am sure I will..every bygone moment is a moment to cherish :)

wildflower said...

That makes marriage too a selfish act! Wonder what is left..Nice quote and I absolutely understand and agree with what follows the quote :)

WomanInLove said...

Yes marriage is a selfish thing, but nothing wrong in it as long as people in it maintain the sanctity of it.

Am sure you do understand :)

Soumya said...

Awesome quote..

But marriage/relationship is about promising and trying to be each others' witness. But sooner or later someone opts out. And the other one is left alone to witness the misery and what is left of life..

A very pessimistic take I know, but you tend to modify quotes based on what life has given you..

WomanInLove said...

Its true that being in a marriage or opting out is not a choice you can make beforehand...but one can always aim to be happier..even though it might lead to more sadness in the end